ICON (New CD Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cancelled my pre-order (in lieu of the info above) which was locked in the lower price of $6.99....so if Mr J is wrong and this really does release next week then he owes me $1.00 :agree: since then I will have to order it again and pay the higher price.

Carpenters ICON has been tentatively rescheduled for a November 25 release.

Release was postponed due to changes in cover art & track listing.

Again,this is tentative-not definite.

So a Thanksgiving/Xmas release, I guess better late than never, huh?....that must be some cover art and track listing...I tell ya this is looking more and more like a bonus track and new photo from Richard's archives to me...I just may need to cue up "Happy" :phones:

Okay, I'll take a stab at this: Maybe they are awaiting permission from Barry Manilow's camp to include the (possible) duet with Karen that may be included on his upcoming Dream Duets CD. (Fingers crossed, all the way around...)

If Richard uses the shots from 'Lovelines' or 'Interpretations' again, I will pull out my fricking hair. And I don't even have hair.

Well they could always use the alternate shot of Lovelines with Karen smiling.
I also like this Hush photo, the background has this retro memories feel, sorta like how By Request looks (which I really like too)
however, I'd much rather have a brand spankin' new one.

tumblr_m7jruiwGDS1rbkgazo3_400.jpg~original

cbfc3f0b-e488-432b-ac26-6fecb1e41ed0.jpg~original

Okay, I'll take a stab at this: Maybe they are awaiting permission from Barry Manilow's camp to include the (possible) duet with Karen that may be included on his upcoming Dream Duets CD. (Fingers crossed, all the way around...)
I Can't Smile or Where Do We Go would be great. The rumor mill thinks there will be a Karen duet, but no final list yet. I'm surprised this has not been posted here...or maybe I missed it.

For what it's worth, the price on Amazon for ICON has gone up from its $7 price to $9.73. Most of the ICON2 discs are selling for around $11.88, and most of the single discs are selling for around $7. I don't know what that means other than Amazon isn't sure just what this is going to be.

Harry

While this is not official, the Manilow boards are posting the track list fo the duets album and no sign of Karen.

The Song's Gotta Come From The Heart with Jimmy Durante

Goody Goody with Frankie Lymon

Dream A Little Dream Of Me with Mama Cass

I Believe In You And Me with Whitney Houston

Sunshine On My Shoulders with John Denver

Zing! Went The Strings Of My Heart with Judy Garland

Moon River with Andy Williams

The Look Of Love with Dusty Springfield

The Candyman with Sammy Davis Jr

I Wanna Be Loved By You with Marilyn Munroe

What A Wonderful World with Louis Armstrong

Sad there is no Karen, but really looking forward to Barry's CD now that I've seen this. Can't wait to hear the tracks with Cass Elliot and Andy Williams, two of my all-time favorites. The Judy and Dusty tracks should be nice as well. The Candy Man sounds interesting too.

Three sites are now listing a 12/24/14 release - for whatever that's worth. Many others are still listing "not yet available" or an August/September date.

Harry

Three sites are now listing a 12/24/14 release - for whatever that's worth. Many others are still listing "not yet available" or an August/September date.

Harry
Just spoke with Universal last week-still no confirmed release date.They were trying to get it out for November 25-but not sure if that will happen.

The December 24 date listed on some sites is just a typo-releases are always scheduled on a Tuesday,and(to my knowledge) never on Christmas Eve.

Considering there is nothing new on this set (supposedly) and U owns all the rights.....what could be the holdup?

Agreed that 12/24 thing must be a goof. Almost no albums ever come out the week of Christmas, or even the previous week usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom