• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

If You Had To Choose...

GOODBYE TO LOVE or YESTERDAY ONCE MORE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never liked "Yesterday Once More." Sappy sentimentalism isn't my thing. My favorite Carpenters songs are the dark ones ("Rainy Days and Mondays," "Superstar," "Another Song"), so "Goodbye to Love" is far more to my taste.

Plus, there's that awesome guitar solo...

I've never liked "Yesterday Once More." Sappy sentimentalism isn't my thing. My favorite Carpenters songs are the dark ones ("Rainy Days and Mondays," "Superstar," "Another Song"), so "Goodbye to Love" is far more to my taste.

Plus, there's that awesome guitar solo...

I understand where you're comin' from, though its a favorite of mine for sure -- along with the other gems you mentioned.

Neither-both songs are dull and syrupy & don't represent K&R at their best-even though they were big hit-singles back in the day.

Goodbye to Love, hands-down. I remember buying the single while on vacation in Nashville, even though I knew I couldn't play it until I got home a week later. I also remember Tony Peluso's guitar solo on this actually making the Carpenter's "almost cool" to my friends that normally bashed their music. What memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom