• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Interview with K and R at Grammy Awards '83

Status
Not open for further replies.

ullalume

Happy Thanksgiving to those American amongst us.

I got ahold of a video years back and on it was a clip of the Grammy Awards Jan '83. But after the group pull back there were some snippets of interviews (e.g. Dick Van Dyke recalled how he never even knew he had a grammy for Mary Poppins until earlier that week)

One such snippet was an interview with Karen and Richard. She looked great incidentally, as opposed to the last picture with Evelyn Wallace where her eyes indeed show serious malaise.

Anyway, I digress. Basically in this snippet, the sound not too great, it sounds like the interviewer asks them something along the lines of:

"So it's been 10 years since you've been up for a grammy award. How do you feel about that."

To which Karen, grinning, replies something along the lines of:

"We get along.....we're just gonna keep heading straight, right for another one."

That's it. then the interviewer began to ask something else.

So my question to my commrades out there is.....does anyone have a transcript of what else was said in this final interview.

Indeed, any interviews from 82 would be great. I'd KILL to get ahold of her, and their, last thoughts on their career and where they were heading.

I know she was expressing interest in a film musical, probably spurred on by Olivia's success in Grease. I know that that film briefly resurged the musical genre, but Xanadu crucified it 3 years later.

Anyway,

Get back with info

Great topic and happy thanksgiving to you all in US!

The last recording I have of interviews with Karen dates back to 1982, a radio interview on BBC Radio 2, in which Karen expressed her interest in 'doing a film' (her words).

She said something along the lines of loving the old 50s classic standards (can't remember the title she quoted), but said that those old films made her bawl!

Fascinating that you have this visual clip of Karen dating January 1983, this surely must be the last existing TV clip of her alive, as she didn't have any further public appearances after that.

I remember someone else the group saying they bumped into Karen on the A&M lot a few weeks before she died - interesting your comparison that she looked great on your clip - this person said she looked quite exhausted.

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom