Is This a TJB album Jackpot? / Thrift Shop Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a thrift shop I frequent looking for old albums because I'm going to be setting up a page on my site called: "Cheesy Album Cover Chicks" I found three albums and none of them are in bad condition. "The Beat of the Brass", "The Ninth", and "Something Festive". The Festive record and cover are the best of the three. I paid a buck apiece. Could I get $2 on Ebay? :D Later..............amigos.............Jay

You could probably get a pretty good price for FESTIVE since it's more rare. The others....well if they were on CD you could clean up! Probably not for LPs though.

Copies of FESTIVE grow like jackrabbits in some used record shops. I own four copies, all of them less than four bucks each. :thumbsup:

My last thrift shop experience was good--a dollar each, and I got some nice vinyl out of the deal. Didn't clean them up on the vacuum yet (just got a shipment of Disc Doctor fluid and brushes this week, and no time to use 'em yet), but the Jack Jones LP was impressively "like new". :)

I love it when the "ultra-rare" albums get listed at outrageous prices and never get a bid. :D One market where the price has dropped out of the bottom: Esquivel. There was a time maybe six or seven years ago when you couldn't touch a LiViNg StErEo version of his LPs in good condition for under $40...usually higher, especially for something like "Latin-Esque" which was in the original Stereo Action die-cut jacket. Nowadays, a lot of his LPs go unsold on eBay when they're priced at $15 or above.

Jay Maynes/Juan Oskar said:
...because I'm going to be setting up a page on my site called: "Cheesy Album Cover Chicks"

Be sure to get all the Sandpipers covers! And Alan Copeland Singers' and Nick DeCaro's A&M LPs.. Let me know if you want some help --I can send you scans of those as I've already done them and 1200 others for AOTW...

--Mr Bill
who suggests wearing rubber gloves when handling these since, if you judge by another thread here, you don't know exactly where elese these LPs have been!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom