• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

I've made some bad rhymes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only Yesterday

Talking about singles of The Voice Of The Heart album I also think the singles weren't chosen correctly. IMHO I'd go with "Two Lives" as the first single.

This song is very depht and also has more edge, a better timing, and Karen sounds great... :D

I'd release in that order:

1) Two Lives
2) Sailing On The Tide
3)Now....well now I've got a little confused, for maybe 'cause of the theme this song would be appropriate after Karen's passing....

I'd like to hear your opinions about that....what do you guys think?

Here's a clipping from the Billboard magazine: Carpenters - Voice Of The Heart, A&M SP4954. Produced by Richard Carpenter. This is a collection of previously unreleased studio tracks cut between 1976 and April, 1982, 10 months before Karen Carpenter's death. It's the duo's strongest album in a decade and contains a few cuts that rank with their all-time best. The most radio-worthy are "Two Lives," a rock-edged ballad previously recorded by Bonnie Raitt; "Your Baby Doesn't Love You Anymore," a brooding, slow-boil pop piece in the tradition of "Hurt So Bad," and "Make Believe It's Your First Time," the soft reflective ballad which is the first single. But the most gripping cut is "Ordinary Fool," a Paul Williams ballad whiche features teh bluesiest vocal of Karen career.

If I remember right, the writer is Mr. Paul Grein.
Personally, Two Lives is a nice track to me. Because there are the lines "Which one will it be?" and "Twice as bad for sure" where it sounds too high for Karen to sing. I prefer her deep voice.
Still, Alfa records A&R man liked it a lot so he included it in the tracklisting of Anthology.

350hunny said:
Personally, Two Lives is a nice track to me. Because there are the lines "Which one will it be?" and "Twice as bad for sure" where it sounds too high for Karen to sing. I prefer her deep voice.
quote]

I like this song because of her high voice. I prefer her high voice instead of her deep voice. I don't know why either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom