J&K 'STONEBONE' on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's such a ridiculous price. I would probably go $100 for it myself, but that's pushing it. Just another reason that it should get reissued on CD. I hear it's great - much better than the previous two LPs.

Capt. Bacardi

It's not a typo. I asked the seller that and he said it's a legit price because it's "extremely rare". Whatever....

Capt. Bacardi

Captain Bacardi said:
It's not a typo. I asked the seller that and he said it's a legit price because it's "extremely rare". Whatever....

Capt. Bacardi

Well I can guarantee he won't sell it unless he drops the price by 9,000 bucks.
He's from Japan where the yen conversion would equal about 115.00 USD.

Steven J. Gross said:

So SEND it to him, then!

BEST OFFER!!!! :D

Dave

Dave said:
Steven J. Gross said:

So SEND it to him, then!

BEST OFFER!!!! :D

Dave

I don't think it's even worth that- it's not even new...

Captain Bacardi said:
At least the shipping is free. What a guy! :rolleyes:

Capt. Bacardi

What do you really make of this CB? I mean, would someone actually pay that? I notice he has been a seller and has very high prices...?

I looked at some of the other things he's sold, such as a boxer's trunks that was worn during a fight. He's not cheap, to be sure. But he seems somewhat legit.

Capt. Bacardi

Translating currencies, he might have been looking for an even 750,000 Japanese Yen. I don;t know how eBay performs its conversions.

Harry

Hmmmmmm... --ZERO bids, so far!

Is this likely to jump up to $10,000 once someone casts one in?

With only a few days left, will the seller go down on the price or be forced to give this to Goodwill?

I have a friend who claims he's got two copies of this record on the 1st floor of his building he lives in! --Just kidding! :jester:

Seriously..., might we see a few "bootleg" copies of this on CD, once someone needs a "kickback for his investment"?

Dave

I'd take it in any format I can get. Maybe the seller's hoping Pony Canyon or another reissue label will take notice of the "market demand" and take a "risk" on a re-release.

JB

I've been away from Ebay selling for a while, but doesn't the cost of the ad line up with the price of the item, in other words, did this guy have to pop for an expensive ad?

Secondly- does anyone here own this album?

Hope the guy's got good homeowner's insurance, especially for contents.
JB

Well, for all us hangers-on, the bidding on this has ended & it's still listed at the $9,055 starting price...

Anyone here knowledgeable of the eBay workings or someone who regularly bids or visits, know what's next?

LP Jim said:
Hope the guy's got good homeowner's insurance, especially for contents.

If he lives in the worst part of Detroit, among churches-turned-"krak hauses", then I don't think he lets too many people in on his "valuables"... :laugh:

Dave

I'm sure this guy will repost the LP, but at a "reduced" starting bid at an even $9,000 - but will charge for shipping this time around. :tongue:

Capt. Bacardi
...searching for coins under the cushions online...

Again I will ask,

Does anyone know why this project with such an incredible lineup, was never released in the States?

It seems to me that this LP would have done much better in the States than in Japan.

Just doesn't make sense to me. Was this group dropped by A&M before it could be released in the States?

CherryStreet said:
Again I will ask,

Does anyone know why this project with such an incredible lineup, was never released in the States?

It seems to me that this LP would have done much better in the States than in Japan.

Just doesn't make sense to me. Was this group dropped by A&M before it could be released in the States?

Nobody knows for sure why it wasn't issued in the US. You would be wrong about it selling better here in the US, though. Japan - and most of Europe for that matter - have a better appreciation for jazz than we do in the US, unfortunately. Jazz sells better there than over here, which is a shame considering that jazz is considered one of the true American art forms. Japan has even reissued albums that haven't been reissued in the States - Herb's Beyond album, for instance. And with Creed Taylor breaking away from A&M at the time this LP was recorded (and this was a CTi project) maybe A&M just didn't think this would sell enough to make it worthwhile. Only the powers that be could give a definitive answer.

Capt. Bacardi

Thanks Captain.

Funny though, I had a nice chat with George Benson after his performance at the Grammy Museum and he said that he has had the majority of his album sales here in the States. Perhaps it is because he had so many "hits".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom