• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Japanese 35th Anniversary Edition Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ

Happy New Year to all Carpenters Forum members .... :D

Obtained my copy of Japanese 13 CD 35th Set as Yuka -who runs separate Japanese website and well known to many of us -passed via London on way to Iceland ....! ....Too cold for me .... :wink:

Set worked out at $20-00 per CD -saving on postage etc -which is reasonable per album .....love the mini sleeves ....with Offering included -only Ticket cover / artwork missing.

Richard has updated liner notes for most albums ....except Lovelines for some reason ? Richard is much more candid re : career / health issues and adds some surprising comments on key recordings.

I had always wondered why An Old Fashioned Christmas had no inner sleeve / lyrics / notes etc -according to Richard 2003 -A&M decided to release this set as mid price with no extras and frills.
Considering the costs of extra studio / mixing / mastering etc -another side to how foolish Record Companies can be .....Richard claims that had he understood all A&M plans -this album would not have been released !! Thank goodness it was .....:cool:

AOFC is Gold in USA ...if separate CD release is forthcoming ....set would easily pass Platinum sales for a neglected album gem.

Will enjoy New Year with these new issues .....back next week.

Peter

Peter,

I, for one, have been unable to fund the purchase of the new set. I bought it back in 1999 for the 30th Anniversary Edition but cannot spend another $300 for it again -- as much as I want the new liner notes and additional albums. Would you be willing to share more of the interesting stories from the liner notes? I am sure there are many of us here who would appreciate the effort and it would probably be a springboard for more discussion!

Randy

Randy, I like the way you think!! That sounds like a wonderful idea! The highlight of any new release for me is Richard's liner notes. One always gets a different perspective on things.

By the way, my very best wishes to everyone for a happy, healthy new year!

Marilyn,
hoping Peter is amenable to Randy's suggestion!!
:D

I have been looking at the major record retailers here in Toronto for the box set and are unable to find it! Can anyone suggest of a good (and reasonable) retailer on-line where I can purchase it from?

I was very happy to get the 30th Anniversary one and looking forward to owning the 35th with the added Christmas albums and new liner notes!

Thanks.

Please provide Yuka Ogura's website that I may purchase the 35th ann box-set. It's for my birthday present to myself...today!

thx,

Jeff

djn said:
Please provide Yuka Ogura's website that I may purchase the 35th ann box-set. It's for my birthday present to myself...today!

thx,

Jeff
Happy Birthday, Jeff!

If Yuka is still in Europe, try the website that I posted to the topic "Carpenters Box 35th Anniversary Collectors Edition".

Sakura

Hi Randy & All ,

Will post various interesting Richard updated notes on return from training course -Friday 9/1 onwards ideally :)

Yuka is visiting Iceland until 12/1/03 -returns via London next day.Yuka may acknowledge initial e-mails and send full reply on return to Japan :)

Set was $270-00 without postage etc -so far better than some $350 / $400 prices -I have seen quoted .....over the top for Carpenters fans :shock:
Peter

Man I have certainly spent my
share of nickles on Carpenter
music since 1970 and this is
release is a stack!!!
I know im going to cave, I
love the mini album sleeve
concept. Never saw it coming,
very unique!
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.