• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW Julius Wechter & The Baja Marimba Band: Foursider (A&M Records SP-3523)

1711583619647.pngJulius Wechter & The Baja Marimba Band: Foursider

A&M Records SP-3523
Released 1973

A1: Comin' In The Back Door • 2:14​
A2: Spanish Flea • 2:20​
A3: For Animals Only • 2:20​
A4: Rhode Island Red • 2:45​
A5: Big Red • 2:11​
A6: Fresh Air • 2:05​
B1: Spanish Eyes • 3:00​
B2: Brasilia • 2:35​
B3: I'll Marimba You • 2:11​
B4: Samba De Orfeu • 2:57​
B5: Las Mananitas • 2:57​
C1: Sunrise Sunset • 3:26​
C2: We've Only Just Begun • 2:53​
C3: Cast Your Fate To The Wind • 2:45​
C4: Those Were The Days • 3:18​
C5: As Time Goes By • 3:18​
D1: Winchester Cathedral • 2:07​
D2: Yes Sir That's My Baby • 2:13​
D3: Acapulco 1922 • 2:07​
D4: The Portuguese Washerwomen • 1:54​
D5: Windy • 2:42​
D6: Going Out The Side Door • 2:33​

Thanks for this AotW link! I picked up one of these. There are only 6 Foursider tracks on 'Best of' which I do have already, but the only other BMB I have on physical format is Do You Know The Way to San Jose which has some great deep cuts AND it's my favorite BMB album cover which is a nice bonus. Anywho, Foursider only has one track from DYKTWTSJ - Sunrise, Sunset, and that is already on 'Best Of' so this is a great addition for me.

Thanks for this AotW link! I picked up one of these. There are only 6 Foursider tracks on 'Best of' which I do have already, but the only other BMB I have on physical format is Do You Know The Way to San Jose which has some great deep cuts AND it's my favorite BMB album cover which is a nice bonus. Anywho, Foursider only has one track from DYKTWTSJ - Sunrise, Sunset, and that is already on 'Best Of' so this is a great addition for me.
Congratulations on your acquisition those deep cuts are really standouts in my opinion I recommend you try to get as much of the BMB as you can my first BMB album was Greatest hits which has tracks not featured on Foursider or the best of and the first BMB album has even more Enjoy my friend

And here's my CD artwork for the Wechter/Baja FOURSIDER:

FoursiderBajaMarimba.jpg FoursiderWechterRear.jpg

Since the LP package lists the eighth track as "Brasilia", but the actual vinyl plays "Summer Samba", I've included both tracks on my CD.

I think this is the only Baja compilaton that starts and ends with the correct tracks as the gods of music intended.
Mike my friend you got me singing 'Twenty six miles across the sea" ( in a Spanish BMB accent even HaHa.) But you are correct starting with "Coming in the Back door" and Ending with "Goin out the Side Door" is perfect for this compilation

Back
Top Bottom