• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

KALA BALCH.......SM'S NEW SINGER 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortnee

Okay finally I found out the name of Sergio's new vocalist and it's 26 year old Kala Balch. Yes, Kala is Jessica's replacement and she's the same vocalist that appears in the SMAP video on Youtube.

http://www.womenoffaith.com/conferences/speakers/WorshipTeam05.asp

Kala Balch, Shelley Jennings, Lisa Pierre and Jenifer Thigpen: four talented vocalists with musical backgrounds in performing, leading worship, and recording sessions. Together, they’re the Women of Faith Worship Team. With a wide range of musical styles ― from high-energy choruses that get your toes tapping to thoughtful worship songs that soothe your soul ― the Worship Team sets the tone for each conference weekend. For more information about each Worship Team member, see below.

Kala Balch, a native Nebraskan, currently resides with her husband, Andy in Los Angeles where she sings on the worship team with Tommy Walker. Over the past year, she has traveled with Tommy doing events outside of their home church. She has also been on 2 national tours and recorded 3 albums with the Christian vocal group, Soul Desire, for whom she has written several songs. After graduating from Azusa Pacific University where she was a member and soloist of the University Choir & Orchestra, she has been a background vocalist for jazz singer, Bobby Caldwell, a featured soloist on the TBN show, Unfolding Majesty for over a year, and a session singer on numerous projects. Kala enjoys running marathons, teaching fitness classes, and her love for Starbucks coffee is only surpassed by her love for her husband. "My greatest passion is to encourage and inspire people to live this temporary life for the One who created us in His image, Jesus Christ. My desire and prayer is that I could be used for His glory through both music and the life that I live. My favorite scripture verse is: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=29176385

touring with Sergio Mendes this fall!

Kala will be touring with Sergio Mendes on his "Timeless" tour starting this fall as one of his lead singers. His recent album, "Timeless" sold in Starbucks, is a combination of his signature samba/bassa nova style mixed with today's hip-hop/R&B. The album is co-produced by Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas and features artists such as Black Eyed Peas, Stevie Wonder, Justin Timberlake, John Legend, India Arie, Q-Tip, Erikah Badu, Jill Scott, as well as several others. check out his myspace page myspace.com/sergiomendes

http://www.kalasoul.com/

Gee whiz people, some of you kept on insisting the the blonde vocalist was with the group SMAP. Well, you were wrong, DEAD WRONG.Please do your research like I do mine.
Did it ever occur to you that those people were "guessing" or "speculating" or even possibly "surmising?" Such activities don't require exhaustive research; in fact, such ruminating is the stuff of good conversation. In other words, please lighten up, for crying out loud.

Whooops, here we go with that "Smap" again...!!! :rolleyes:

--Sorry, I thought we were over that "episode"...!! If your Post is intended to introduce a "New Vocalist" then stay on the Subject...! We were supposed to guess who that singer in that thread, and at least I weighed in who I thought she was... Why not keep it there... :neutral:inkshield:

Anyway, congratulations and Kudos to Sergio for his new Singer and hopefully I'll see her on tour if I ever do catch a Sergio Concert...:cool:

Dave

Cortnee said:
Gee whiz people...you were wrong, DEAD WRONG...do your research like I do mine.

Yow! Nothing like getting spanked by Cortnee first thing in the morning! :wink:

--Mr Bill

Cortnee said:
Dave, what are you talking about?

Cortnee, I was merely referring to what was in your initial Post in this Thread... (See Above...) I was not calling your Thread or anyone's Thread "Crap", I was just merely making a friendly suggestion to stay on your topic...

Cortnee (see above) said:
...Gee whiz, people, some of you kept on insisting the the blonde vocalist was with the group SMAP...! ...Well, you were mistaken...! ...Please do your research...! ...Research is can be very USEFUL & beneficial...!

--In anticipation, that the NONSENSE you now are experiencing would may have otherwise been the outcome...! (If you've learned from your "past posts", that is...) :neutral:inkshield:

Dave

Thank you, Cortnee for the info on Sergio's new singer, Kala Balch. Your research IS appreciated.

Now, can we please just move on? (And that goes for everyone!)

Harry

Let's get a few things straight everyone.

A.) I didn't come here to argue or fight with anyone.(Which I would like to believe that none of you come here to fight but yet at least a handful of you are acting like HOSTILE HOTHEADS.)
B.)I come here to read about my favorite artists, particularly SM.
C.)I expect you to read my posts CAREFULLY before responding to them.In other words, do not put words into my mouth or rather in this case don't place words into my typing hands.
D.)If I know something that's interesting and entertaining, I would love to share it with the forum WITHOUT the hostile feedback.If you give me hostility, I 'll only end up giving hostility right back to you.( which I don't wont to do but I don't want to put up with any hostility either.
E.) I've been wrongly accused of making bogus posts, while most of my posts I do back up.Yes, I admit some of my posts are just an expression of my differents opinions.But aren't we allowed to express our opinions in this forum as long as we do it in a respectable manner?
F.) I thought coming here would be fun & entertaining but some of you are either uptight or arragant.The A & M Forum is supposed to fun, not a WAR ZONE OF WORDS..

" taking several slow deep breaths and counting to a really high number so I don't EXPLODE into a wicked rage"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom