• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Karen featured on "E" Entertainment Cable NEW PHOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I was flipping channels in between watching The Sound of Music tonight & on "E" they were showing the top most shocking moments in Entertainment. Karen was featured due to her death in the music industry.

Can anyone help? They showed a photo of her wedding but it wasn't the wedding photo's that are on the net. No, this one I had never seen, it looked like it was taken at the reception? It was Karen looking at the camera & her husband Tom looking at her. Possibly the cake eating scene? Did anyone see this? It was shown so fast. This was the most beautiful photo I have seen of her, it was sorta close up of Karen & she looked fantastic.

Does anyone have this photo? I really would like it. It's NOT the photo of her holding her flowers, She also did not have her wedding cap on. You could see all of her hair. I always get excited when I see a photo I had not seen before. I've been to the LeadSister site but it's not any of those wedding photos.

Anyone?

...back to sound of music, online...

I guess no one saw this show. If they repeat it, be sure to look for Karen's piece, I think she was about #32 or #33 on the countdown. E Entertainment sometimes repeats these show. Perhaps I will capture a digital photo from my camera if I catch the show again. It was an amazing photo.

Chris,

I know the photo you are refurring to. It is also featured on the 'VH1 Behind the Music' documentary.

It is a really pretty photo of Karen. She looks beautiful.

Laura

Thanks Laura, I should have that special around here somewhere, I probably have it on some tape & forgot to label it. :rolleyes:

I have actually grown to hate vhs tapes, I can never find what I am looking for & I'm too lazy to label everything. It takes forever to find stuff, then I;m afraid to erase it cause it might have something on it I need :shock: . Maybe one day, I will sit down & label all my vhs tapes...yeah right :laugh:

I love the fact that we can make VCDs now and preserve all that precious C's footage onto cd.

I'm in the process of getting all my VHS tapes transferred to cd format. So far I have about 14 videos on cd.

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year. All the best for 2004 :)

Laura

Chris-An Ordinary Fool said:
I have actually grown to hate vhs tapes, I can never find what I am looking for & I'm too lazy to label everything. It takes forever to find stuff, then I;m afraid to erase it cause it might have something on it I need :shock: . Maybe one day, I will sit down & label all my vhs tapes...yeah right :laugh:

I'm with you there Chris! I have hundreds of VHS tapes piled up all over the place, and I don't know what's on half of them, because I never got around to labelling them. Also, I'm always worried that my VCR will malfunction and eat the tape, so I hardly ever play my rarest videos.

I'm in the process of building a new computer, complete with a video capture card and DVD burner - I have all the parts and will assemble it tomorrow. I hope to eventually transfer all my Carpenters videos to DVD, but it will probably take quite a while to learn how to do it. It will be nice to be able to watch this stuff whenever I want to, without risking the original tape.

Murray
...who will probably forget to label the DVDs... :rolleyes: :wink:

:tongue: Hi i have karens Wedding on video,and the reception,she was in similer outfit,dancing with olivia newton john.Im new today,and think this looks a great place.Happy New Year From the U.K .love Guinevere(Ann)xxxxxx :wink:

Hello, Ann! Nice to meet you! :D

I'm Sakura from Japan.

Thanks for your information about Karen and Olivia. I'd like to know more about Karen's wedding and reception. Thank you.

I hope 2004 is a wonderful year for you, everyone. :D

And Chris,

Would you share your memory with Olivia about Karen in 2001 with us?

Too lazy to label has sometimes brought me a good tape. :laugh: I asked my sister to bring her VHS about Carpenters to our parents' house on New Year's Eve. She labeled "Carpenters", "1996 Richard Carpenter".... But she didn't have time to check which tape is what I talked. So she brought several tapes about Carpenters to our parents' house on New Year's Day. I found VHS which I had never watched before. "1996 Richard Carpenter". It seemed a Morning Show in Japan. It was on aired on August the 22nd. The video about Richard was taped in February, 1996. Richard talked about "Now". (My new-born daughter was at hospital during summer of '96, so I had no time to listen to music, I even didn't remember how I got Karen's solo album. My daughter is quite well now.)

Sakura

If anyone is on eastern standard time, turn on your tv to E entertainment new channel, this is the show & there are really close to Karen's scene with this picture of the wedding. Hurry

Thank you for telling me because I just made it.

I hate to bring this up, but it said that she collapsed on stage in Las Vegas in 1976. Is that true?

Andrew
NP: Original Master Karaoke

Hey All,
I believe that Karen never collapsed as was portrayed in the CBS movie THE KAREN CARPENTER STORY or in the Todd Haynes' Barbie doll movie SUPERSTAR THE KAREN CARPENTER STORY. It was all Hollywood to "dramatize" her anorexia battle.
In several sources, Richard does say she would "collapse" after a show in Las Vegas as they did 2 shows nightly...so she would lay down on her couch in her dressing room and rest, conserving her energy but then when the second show came, she would pick herself up and sing like an angel.

My thoughts,
Cameron

Getting back to the topic at hand. Here is the pic of why I even started this thread. If you didn't get to see the show here it is. I snaped it very quickly so it's not the best quality but you get a visual.

So have you ever seen this wedding photo?

KarenWedding3.jpg

your right she never collapsed as shown on kc story,she was drumming and fell,i have the video of it happening.Its a short clip but its very real.love Guinevere.xxxxxx :wink:

Chris;
I agree whole-heartedly. This IS one of the best pics I have ever seen of K. It seems to be taken "off the hip" and captures K's elation of the moment. Thanks for posting it! :D

Thanks Dave and welcome to the board.

I was just about to take this pic down, figured everybody already saw it, noone said anything but you. Taken "off the hip" is a great way to describe this, this was a special day for sure for Karen.

...welcoming dave, online...

Chris, How did you take this picture? Right off your set? It's lovely!!

Has anyone seen that one picture where Karen is wearing a jean jacket? She looks very young, maybe 19 or 20.

I had it enlarged and framed ($200). It is my favorite picture of her. She is absolutely beautiful with a tomboy flair.
Does anyone know any details of that picture? I got it from ebay. :rolleyes:

yes, she looks very tomboy in this picture......tomboy like tom burris husband man..very beautiful tomboy picture...olivia looks tomboy too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom