• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

KAREN ON E.T. THURSDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks very much, Matt, for the link. Stephen, I think you might be disappointed by ET. I usually don't watch the show because of their "frenzied format". It quite frankly drives me nuts! However, I will tune in this evening just to hear what Richard has to say. It seems he found a way to let fans know about the change.

Marilyn

I was hoping that the piece was a "push" for GOLD. Maybe they'll mention it. I still haven't seen the commercial for GOLD. I don't know what network to be watching. Any ideas folks?

Jeff

Jeff, I just discovered that the time it airs in your area can be found on the link to ET online that Matt provided. At the top of the screen over on the right is a link to "Watch ET". All you have to do is enter your zip code and they tell you when ET airs.

Marilyn

I just saw the show. It basically gave the same info. that we already knew. However, I thought it was tastefully done compared to National Enquirer.

NP: Singles 1969-1973

Oh, Andrew, I thought it was just awful! They made it sound like there was a grave robbery or something! That show puts me off by making everything seem sensationalistic. I know the show is aimed at a much younger audience. Guess I'm just an old f!@#!!!! If it was better than the Enquirer, I'm very glad not to have seen it!!

Marilyn

WEll, Marilyn, let's look on the bright side. They saved taht story for last and teased it about four times. Yes, they sensationalized it - I expected nothing less of that trashy show, but once they actually got to the story, it wasn't so bad.

And there was a nice plug for the new GOLD album too. Too bad they didn't mention it charting in Billboard.

Harry
...getting ready to watch CSI, and going offline...

I watched it too. I remember when ET used to be a respectable hollywood TV show to watch, now there like a gossip channel, I actually never watch that show anymore, they tease you & blow up things.

Anyway the clip was ok. Did you notice how they had to pick a day it was raining to show the new grave site. The website is deceiving, the showed a video clip of Richard when he was alot younger, then used words on the screen for recent talk. I was expecting to see a recent video clip of him.

I didn't like the show either but it was a lot better compared to National Enquirer. The show is kind of like a televised tabloid magazine in my opinion. I just hate that guy, Cojo, on there. He is one messed up person!

And Marilyn, you are not an old fart! You should never think that. I'm sure that you are a wonderful person. :)

I'm like harry..the plug for GOLD made me VERY happy! I have a good feeling about this release. Hopefully Universal and RC will take this as encouragement to un-earth more specialties.

Jeff

I was watching ET again tonight and they did the story again. However, this segment was about 5 minutes longer and it was more thorough. I hated the fact that they brought up Karen being anorexic and then they showed those awful pictures. I like the first segment better.

In order to be consistent, shouldn't this string be locked? After all, it is related to Karen's burial place and that is taboo here.

Actually the thread is about a segment on a TV show. It's the TV show segment that's about the 're-arrangement."

Harry
...setting the record straight, online...

Sorry, Harry. It was late. I should have put "sarcasm implied" or maybe a cheezy smiley-face after the post. Anyway, it was an attempt to work up a frenzy among those who complain about those of us who talk about the realities of Karen's passing and then, don't have a problem with (and actually look forward to) a T.V. segment devoted entirely to the subject about that which they complained about in the first place.

Good witty comments need no explanation, so I guess I failed at my feable attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom