Karen solo release poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

At the time of the release of KAREN CARPENTER my buddy in the retail music biz snatched 12 copies of the promo picture of Karen where she is reclined in a velvet chair. I don't know if this is appropriate or not, Harry can decide...but I would like to FREELY give one of these posters to one of you. Again, I say freely. I don't know if it is right to do in this forum or if it is, but I can take private e-mails in the "profile section" and somehow, someway determine who to send it to. I guess, my being a fair person, we could play out this offer to be given to the 20th e-mail response that I receive. Only one e-mail per member. Again I don't know harry's take on this...but if it is something acceptable then e-mail away. I feel guilty "hoarding" such a beautiful poster when I have so many.

Spreadin' the love,

Jeff

you could always sell it on e-bay and donate the proceeds to a relevant cause. those posters always sell for big money

Well Guys, so far I have had 3 responses..I'll wait another day and then this mint copy poster will go to someone chose randomly. It really is beautiful. Karen shines. Looks happy. This may have been the point where she told Itchy Ramone that she "felt Pretty". In any event I'm anxious to share it with a corner member.

Jeff

Hello poster enthusiasts,

I'm going to wait until 6:00 p.m. Pacific time and then I will randomly select one of you to acquire this beautiful poster. I assure you, each of my many, many copies are of MINT quality and would adorn a wall with pride.

Also,

At some point I'll be offering a copy of the VOICE OF THE HEART release poster that is of album cover size. I have sixteen of these and sometime I would like to spread the love again.

I would like to add that no trade material is necessary as I have a vast CarpenterS collection and many items are simply in archives for SAFE keeping. My motive is to simply share something that is dear to me and hopefuuly to a home that will possess the same emotion. At some point, if approppriate perhaps a few of us can do this same procedure FREELY. At any rate I desire no compensation...not even shipping charges.

Thank you all for expressing an interest in something so rare and sought after.

Fan-addictly inclined...still,

Jeff

I didn't have 20 different responses to the poster offer. Therefore it's a bust! Nobody, nowhere gets it! C'mon you guys know me better than that by now...I randomly drew out of a hat.

How cruel am I? I'm tempted to drag this out and create suspense and continue on rattling about this-n-that, telling you compelling stories or sharing personal experiences. Discussing karen and Richard in some detail, riddled with thoughts and memorabilia. Speak of my 86 y/o Grandmother's health. The current weather here in the Great Pacific Northwest...but no, that's not what I'm about. I tend more to linger and not hurry myself as I believe it drives people crazy!!!

The name that I drew, out of the twelve of you respondents, you who took the time to log on and express your desire to obtain a rare mint copy of this artwork. Each and every one of you expressed tenderness and I got the "feeling" that all of you would give our dear departed one a good home. Digressing, the person I drew was...well, let me say this was a difficult thing to do because if possible I would give each and every one of you a copy. Sometime in the not too distant future I plan to "give away" a promo VOICE OF THE HEART poster and we can play this all over again ...would you call this tedious or simply annoying?

The person randomly selected to receive the poster is: Chris, An Ordinary Fool. Within a private message Chris contact me and we will exchange the necessary arrangements to garner you your new aquisition. I must say although many of you who submitted who were quite enthusisatic, I was happy to see that such an active, involved member of our forum is going to receive this into a loving home.

Thank you for indulging my queer wit. And a happy home to Karen Carpenter!

Quite tired from this online typing thing,

Jeff

Dear Jeff,
Thanks for allowing a fan to get that poster. Congratulations Chris!! That is so awesome! Karen looked so beautiful for her solo album. She was gorgeous and it was neat to know that she thought she looked pretty. And that she had fun for all the glam pics that were taken of her.

Cam

Dear Jeff,
Thanks for allowing a fan to get that poster. Congratulations Chris!! That is so awesome! Karen looked so beautiful for her solo album. She was gorgeous and it was neat to know that she thought she looked pretty. And that she had fun for all the glam pics that were taken of her.

Cam

Aswas mentioned earlier, I dug thru the archives and found one of 16 VOICE OF THE HEART promo pics.These too are mint quality and have been handled with the upmost care. I even insist upon when " moving" that I handle EVERY single treasure box. My collecting for the past 34 years has garnered a thing or two. 16 copies of OCCUPANT, 18 HORIZON etc....

I have spent a great deal of care in every piece of Memoribilia, CD, LP,45's poster and onand on. For 34 years of collecting I have a sizeable CarpenterS stock-pile if you will. Copy upon, upon copy of everything...everything! All of it in pristine condition. Nearly to the point perfection. This is how I value these things.

Now, about the solo poster, I have a great deal of faith Chris will cherish the item. I've since read several of his past posts and he is a dedicated Honcho! This next poster must go to another person who will care for it as delicately as I have. if you have any plans of tacking it to the wall or some other form of misuse..you need not respond to this post! These items being irreplaceable cannot/should not be treated as a Britney someone or J-lo poster! Truthfully, I have not let these items out of my sight for 34 years!. These are beautiful items I wish to share with another member. Precious items to treated delicately. Perhaps framed in a UV protected poster frame or what have you . I hope that you respect my requests. As long as she is in a "loving home", treated responsibly, I have the ultrimate pleasure of sharing this item. PM me.

Jeff,

This was a very generous thing to do. Thanks so much for opening your collection and sharing. Congrats to Chris -- enjoy the poster!

Randy

Dear CarpenterS enthusiasts,

As before with the solo promo poster, now with the VOICE OF THE HEART promo, I'll accept requests from Saturday April 24th, 6am until Sunday April 25th at 6:00 pm Pacific time. Oddly enough, I do enjoy this. Hoarding, protecting, parenting, storing all of this stuff should be offerred to other's who APPRECIATE this sort of memorabilia. Don't get me wrong here...Although I have multiple copies of this-n-that, you need not trouble yourselves with anticipation. These particular items I just happen to have an abundance of. My earnest hope and prayer is that these items be treated with the love, respect,and the ultimate care that I have invested in every piece for so many, many years. SERIOUSLY!!!

I feel that this should be reiterated, if your design or display of said poster is to tack it up, paste or in any other way deface this artwork...YOU NEED NOT RESPOND TO THIS OFFER! I'm not talking about "kid stuff" . This item is not your average, simple poster to adorn your wall taped or plastered next to kurt Cobain, Britney what's her name, Metallica or Wynnona. Rather this is a rare picture that will NEVER be available again...for free that is. There are but a very few photograhs of original art work left. These photos are the final professional shots of the Karen Carpenter solo sessions. This fact alone will make it extra special to a Carpenter fan. Particularly to the friend that I randomly draw.

I would prefer not to have spoken on so passionately and appear to be so demanding in my requests of the future owner. Simply, adhering to my requests, I'm thrilled to share Karen once again.

Ya betta get a rollin' kids,

Jeff

Karen's solo poster is indeed safe and sound. She will be traveling to her appointed destination soon. I've had several things that have required my attention. Here, I wanted to provide reassurance.

Jeff

Today, I received the solo poster via mail in excellent condition. 3 cheers to the U.S. Postal Service :usflag: For arriving on time & in great condition. But many more cheers to Jeff.

I can't say thank you enough for this special gift. I wanted to publicly say what a great fan Jeff is to offer this to another like-minded fan. Who would have ever dreamed that this keepsake would end up in my hands? Opening this, at first look....I realized how special this poster really is. Seeing the colors jump out at me, I immediately began to think of framing this solo poster. Seeing it in person is very different than seeing a picture on the internet.

If Jeff doesn't mind....When I have a chance to get this professionaly framed....I want to share a photo of the finished poster so everyone can see my new Carpenters memorbilia.

Thanks, Jeff. :)

JEFF- what exactly is your "Queer wit"? (I'm not familiar with that term.Is it related to "Queer As Folk"?)

Well today I picked up my newest Carpenters memoribilia from my local frame shop. I have not had time yet to decide where to place them on my wall in my music room but that will not be hard :D , just has to be placed in the exact location. However I did want to share how they turned out for you to see.

The first one is of course from Jeff, whom I can't thank enough for his generosity in having picked my name for this rare solo photoshoot. To think that a fellow fan here would just give this away to another fan well...I'm left without words. But I did want to say that I am very grateful for having this. I chose a sculpted white frame with non glare glass which I feel accents Karen's white outfit & lettering in her name. It makes the purple chair just jump out (the pic makes the chair look blueish but I assure you it is purple)...pictures are hard to capture (with lighting & flash) but what you see in person is so much more vivid.

The 2nd is of course the 35th Anniv Poster that I chose a black frame with 2 gold bars running around the frame border which picks up the gold border on the poster itself & the gold CD cover pic, again hard to capture a photo but in person it's really amazing.

Karen%20Solo%20Poster.jpg

35th%20Carpenters%20Gold%20Poster.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom