• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Kiss Me The Way You Did Last Night- backing vocals

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I love Kiss Me The Way You Did Last Night. Great vocals and arrangement!

It's been pointed out that there are some "misheard lyrics" in the backing vocals.

At 3:40 it sounds like it could be 1). YEAHHH or 2). AGAIN or it could be both???

Can anyone clear this up :?:

To me it sounds like "Kiss Me..again"...I definitely hear them pronounce a 'g' so the only word could be 'again'.

Stephen

Well to me it sounds like there saying, "Yeah" which doesn't sound all that wrong, because it's at the point of the song where the tension is buidling & sometimes when you want to convey something strong, you'll go, yeah as an expression that you really want it to happen.

Then again I could be all wrong and maybe it is "again" :laugh:

N.P. Kiss Me from the 35th Anniv Box Set, online...

Without having the record right in front of me to listen to, I can only assume you guys are talking about the chorus in the latter part of the song where the instrumentation breaks.

As silly as it sounds (coming from Karen), I always thought that the backing vocal there was ..."kiss me, GIRL"...the way you did last night.
I just figured since Richard charted the vocal arrangement with some higher tenor lines, that maybe it would be assumed that reference was coming from him, not Karen at that point in the song. -Chris

I've always sung along w/a Kiss Me YEAAAH...

But I've misheard lyrics before. This baby needs more home study.

Jeff

I wonder if because this songs
backing vocals were completed
after MIA with Siedah Garrett
have an effect on the words herd
in the backing vocal?

JIM

Another reason I like this song so much is that it was sorta a departure from the usual Carpenters song, a more grown up approach. This song reminds me alot of some of the tracks from Karen's solo album. Although this was recorded with Richard, hearing Karen sing this...it could fit well on her solo album. How many times in the past did we ever hear the Carpenters sing...Kiss me the way you did last night...Ooohh Laaaa Laaa :) I like it. :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom