• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Lani Hall Authors New Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like an interesting read. If anyone is searching this on the net, take note that the HuffPost got the title wrong on their review -- it's "Memoirs," not "Memories."

We shot the video and photos last month. The book promotion will start soon. Lani wrote the book over 30 years. She the stories, never intending to really publish them. They are something she did for herself. Very personal. Also, in the book are sections directly about Lani's own life. Her triumphs and struggles, and many of the fictional stories are inspired by events from her life. Its a good read. Hope everyone gets a chance to read it.

Adjani said:
We shot the video and photos last month. The book promotion will start soon. Lani wrote the book over 30 years. She the stories, never intending to really publish them. They are something she did for herself. Very personal. Also, in the book are sections directly about Lani's own life. Her triumphs and struggles, and many of the fictional stories are inspired by events from her life. Its a good read. Hope everyone gets a chance to read it.

I will probably get the Kindle edition. Looking forward to it, and thanks for the info!

I always thought that Lani grew up in a more middle to upper middle class home, judging from the homes I saw in Albany Park. Plus I never knew she played the guitar at one point judging from that photo of her when she was young. Interesting stuff indeed!

Capt. Bacardi

I think on the Tony Currie interview, Sergio Mendes mentions that she was "singing and playing guitar" when he discovered her.

I grew up a few blocks from there and her description of the neighborhood is accurate. It's really changed though. Loved that picture in the video of the apartment building back stairs. Great place to sleep in the summertime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom