• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Live by Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestitch

For all you Barry Manilow fans (that's me, for sure!), this Friday Dec. 5th A&E is having a Live by Request with Barry doing holiday music. The show runs from 8-10 pm.

Enjoy!

Marilyn

Cindi Lauper,Bette Midler and Jose Feliciano are expected to show up-gee,I wonder if someone will request "Feliz Navidad"? Well,probably not Cheech & Chong's "Santa Claus & His Old Lady". Barry is expected to do many songs from his two Christmas albums-his Andrews Sisters-like "Jingle Bells" would be a natural for Ms. Midler(whose latest,as discussed here,is a Barry produced tribute to Rosie Clooney-how about "Susie Snowflake",Bette?) and maybe "Baby,It's Cold Outside" will feature Ms. Lauper(who recently brought out a Great American songbook album in hopes of jump starting her career). Now that's entertainment! Mac

Thanks for the heads up Marilyn, I plan to watch this, I saw the commerical with Barry asking to join him that night.

Watching Barry now, makes me think what it might have been like if the Carpenters were still an act in today music. Barry has standed the test of time & it makes me miss what the Carpenters could have done if Karen had just lived. I could just see a A & E live by request of the Carpenters. I really miss Karen's voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom