Lovelines promo LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how the sticker on the front promotes the fact that the album contains If I Had You, Where Do I Go From Here and You're The One.

I'm guessing this is because If I Had You was the lead off single from the album, and the other two had just been featured in The Karen Carpenter Story???

I remember seeing this in Tower Records in London in the early 1990s - I'm gutted I didn't buy it now! :mad:

Stephen

I need a little help from the experts!

I won this LP off of eBay and on the back there is a promo statement stamped in Gold Lettering that states:

Loaned for Promotion Only

However, there is no trace on the record itself. (or maybe I don't see it)
Could this be a stock copy thrown in? and if it is a promo would there be a mark or something on the vinyl :?:

Most single 45's did have a seperate promo label. However, LP's seldom did.

The "for promotional use only" stamp on the back means that the LP was given to media (radio, press, TV). I would not be too worried that the LP looks like all the rest.

This album came near the end of the reign of vinyl LPs. It might be likely that A&M stopped using specially printed labels and just stamped the cover.

I could have sworn that I had a promotional copy of the LP, but as I look at it, it's stock all the way. I know I got it from the radio station - I guess I just assumed it was promo.

I DO have a specially stamped promotional CD of LOVELINES. I rescued it from someone at the radio station using it as a drink coaster!

Harry
NP: LOVELINES LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom