• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Lovelines promo LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting how the sticker on the front promotes the fact that the album contains If I Had You, Where Do I Go From Here and You're The One.

I'm guessing this is because If I Had You was the lead off single from the album, and the other two had just been featured in The Karen Carpenter Story???

I remember seeing this in Tower Records in London in the early 1990s - I'm gutted I didn't buy it now! :mad:

Stephen

I need a little help from the experts!

I won this LP off of eBay and on the back there is a promo statement stamped in Gold Lettering that states:

Loaned for Promotion Only

However, there is no trace on the record itself. (or maybe I don't see it)
Could this be a stock copy thrown in? and if it is a promo would there be a mark or something on the vinyl :?:

Most single 45's did have a seperate promo label. However, LP's seldom did.

The "for promotional use only" stamp on the back means that the LP was given to media (radio, press, TV). I would not be too worried that the LP looks like all the rest.

This album came near the end of the reign of vinyl LPs. It might be likely that A&M stopped using specially printed labels and just stamped the cover.

I could have sworn that I had a promotional copy of the LP, but as I look at it, it's stock all the way. I know I got it from the radio station - I guess I just assumed it was promo.

I DO have a specially stamped promotional CD of LOVELINES. I rescued it from someone at the radio station using it as a drink coaster!

Harry
NP: LOVELINES LP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom