1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Mann/Soul Flutes Japan

Discussion in 'A Small Circle of Friends: The Music Forum' started by Steve Sidoruk, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Steve Sidoruk

Steve Sidoruk Founder, A&M Fan Net Moderator Thread Starter

Herbie Mann JPN1a.jpg

HERBIE MANN AND THE SOUL FLUTES -- GOLDEN PRIZE
    A&M RECORDS GP 204

STEREO

JAPANESE PRESSING/KING RECORD CO. LTD TOKYO. JAPAN

tracks
    UNCHAIN MY HEART
    HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
    THE LETTER
    GLORY OF LOVE
    DAY-O
    TRUST IN ME
    SCARBOROUGH FAIR
    HOLD ON I'M COMIN
    TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS
    UPA NEGUINHO
    BACHANIS BRASILIAS #5
    OH HOW I WANT TO LOVE YOU

Steven J. Gross and Rudy like this.
  2. LPJim

LPJim Well-Known Member Moderator

Tracks 1-4, 8, 10 & 12 are from LP 2003/SP 3003 GLORY OF LOVE with the remainder from SP 3009 TRUST IN ME. Mann is uncredited on the latter album because he had rejoined Atlantic but needed to complete his two-LP deal with A&M. Looks like they got around the anonymity provision for the Japan compilation. Interesting.

JB

3. Steven J. Gross

Steven J. Gross Well-Known Member

His version of UPA NEGUINHO is awesome...

4. LPJim

LPJim Well-Known Member Moderator

The 1968 album was reissued in 1974 by World Record Club of Australia with a different cover: soul-flutes.jpg

5. Moritat

Moritat Member

Great looking compilation, but they shouldn't have left off the excellent "Love Is Far Stronger Than We" from the Glory lp.