• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Medley that was never released

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

If I remember correctly, wasn't there a medley recorded for The Singles 1969-1981 :?: If I am right, could it possibly show up on the USA version of As Time Goes By :?:

I'm hoping.

No, there is no medley on SINGLES 1969-1981. Are you thinking of the Superstar-Rainy Days and Mondays- Goodbye To Love Medley from "The Singles 1969-1973"?

Maybe you're thinking of the Superstar/ Rainy Days and Mondays Medley that's on the AS TIME GOES By LP.

Just trying to figure out what you mean!

Andrew,

Perhaps you're referring to the instrumental medley that was supposedly recorded for but left off of The Singles 1969-1981. I don't know, but I assume it was intended as an overture to open the set. As for its inclusion on ATGB, we can only hope, although I'm not optimistic.

Tony

Hi, Andrew and Alex.
Yes, there is that medley :) but it isn't released after all. :confused:
I mentioned it in another thread.
This cd has 22 tracks running 77:14 in total.
The openinig medley lasts for 5:19.
The orchestration starts with:
1:we've only just begun
2:yesterday once more/rainy days & mondays/ticket to ride:snippets
3:sing
4:goodbye to love
5:superstar
6:top of the world
7:someday
8:yesterday once more

Then it continues to For All We know.
If this tracklisting is not so suggestive, just imagine listening to the medley from Richard's solo PACC.
My guess is that Richard wouldn't include it in ATGB US version, for Universal put off its release due to its overbudget resulting from copyrights used in that release.
Now after he left out Rainbow Connections, Leave Yesterday Behind and California Dreamin' for 2004 Gold US version, he might as well add Thank you for the music or Good vibrations/coming thru the rye.

Believe the previous posts refer to Richard's mixed / mastered planned release of Carpenters overture from 1974 Boston Pops Concert / TV Special :confused:

Peter Knight arranged this opening overture and this remains a Richard favourite -think this was the first time Karen & Richard worked with Knight as they loved his previous arrangements with Moody Blues Albums :)

Richard withdrew this track from Singles 1969-1981 set and as now completed could resurface on a future Compilation / Rarities or Box Set release :?:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom