• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

need help finding old tjb boxed set

Status
Not open for further replies.

gs

My parents had a tjb boxed set of approx 4 or 5 albums. If I remember correctly it was a red box with red album covers. This was back in the earlly to mid 60's. I know that the set is probably no longer avaliable but if possible I would like to get all the names of the songs so I could buy the individual cd's. I don' remember the name of this set but I do remember "The Lonely Bull" was one of the many songs in it. Any help would be appreciated, I'm trying to give this as a xmas present to my dad.

The box set you refer to is the Longines Symphonette Society box set A Treasury of the Award-Winning Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass which also featured selections form the Baja Marimba Band.

It was a 5-record set which more or less contained the first four TJB albums (in a completely random order) across the first four LPs and 12 selections from the first two BMB lps on the fifth record.

It is readily available in many thrift stores, eBay, www.gemm.com or half.com. I got mine for $2 at a thrift store a few years back.

--Mr Bill

Thank you so much for the info. My dad is such a hard guy to find the right gift for and this really made my day and hopefully his xmas day. God Bless !! - Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom