• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New Christmas release in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

350hunny

As some of you have already been informed by Yuka, Richard's new Christmas album is coming up in September this year, at last.

She has not given or known its details but suggests that this cd may contain Karen's vocals.

I wonder if Richard is really convinced of the production and the release timing, as I was ready to wait for more than a year.

Let's wait and see.

I went to Yuka's site but didn't see this mentioned under news. I wonder why she feels that it might contain Karen vocals. Doesn't a Sept release sound a little early though for a Christmas CD? If it's true then this is great news.

How do you like my April Fool's joke? :D

Naw, it is actually true as long as Yuka's post to the Japanese Mailing List is. She posted it today.

As you say, I feel it's a bit early for that kind of release.
If it's going to come out in September, it should arrive to Universal about 3 months before and she may have a chance to listen to it in advance, maybe in June or July.
But I think they are likely to change its release date, as usual.

If she has more info, she will be giving it to us bit by bit as the release comes near.

I hope the label will help Richard promote the new release well, not like when he put out An Old Fashioned Christmas.

Actually September is not at all early for a Christmas release. They start coming out in August, usually.

Your Right there it is on Yuka's website:

"Richard's much awaited new Christmas album should be released this fall -- finally, people!! It is said that a track or two containing Karen's vocal may be included. Let's keep our fingers crossed!"

This is great news, to hear new Karen vocals this Christmas will be exciting to say the least. :thumbsup:

Mike Blakesley Posted: Fri 4/1/05 01:17 pm Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually September is not at all early for a Christmas release. They start coming out in August.usually.

Oh,really? I'm not sure if that timing is proper to put people into the mood for buying Christmas releases in the middle of summer, especially in the US. But I'd grab that release right away at any time of the year :)

Didn't Karen mention that she enjoyed the Christmas music through the year and that KC and RC were recording that Christmas Portrait set during August while people coming into A&M studios were wondering where the Yuletide music was coming from or so?

I can't go beyond my imagination when it comes to what songs Karen's vocals would be included, but I still am fond of Christmas Alphabet, Silent Night, Holy Night in German, Adeste Fideles with Gene Kelly,which were aired on their Christmas special. Richard would probably come up with a better choice of Karen songs. Rich's Toyland sounds good to me.

What kind of picture would appear on its frontal cover? The Portrait cover is just fine while Old Fashioned isn't as appealing to me.
What cover pic would you like for this coming release?

350hunny said:
Didn't Karen mention that she enjoyed the Christmas music through the year and that KC and RC were recording that Christmas Portrait set during August while people coming into A&M studios were wondering where the Yuletide music was coming from or so?

I hadn't heard that one before. "PORTRAIT" was released 10/13/78, which meant it was possible they were still in recording in August, however I do believe they actually started tracking the selections in '77 for the Carpenters first Christmas special, so it in reality could have been either year. I know it was a rather long, drawn out process. Certainly well worth it IMHO! -Chris

More Karen vocals out-o-the vault huh? Ya know I can't help but wonder AGAIN what Richard has up his sleeve. Never the less dangling the carrot in front of this horses mouth is just enough to put the elusive bounce in my step.

Jeff

So do you think this might be new undiscovered Karen vocals never before heard by us? Or something maybe from their specials incorporated into Richard's new Christmas CD. Duet with Richard or possibly Karen solo?

...who thinks this is like waving candy in front of a baby & saying wait till September. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ....

Fascinating news -Richard did confirm 2 weeks ago at TOTW 3 -that solo set was nearing completion -this September date is probably an initial Universal release date & will slip into October with production / test pressing & other delays ..... :wink:

There were rumours -Richard never responded -that Carpenters bonus track was being considered -after main solo set had finished in 2003 -similar to Carpenters Perform Carpenters bonus track -will be interesting to see whether Richard is happy to release Carpenters track or is it just backing track / Carpenters harmonies ? -later this year :?:

Peter

Well, I'll say it.
I think Richard's solo Christmas album will sell a lot more if it does have a new lead vocal by Karen on it.
Just my opinion.

Guys,

I'm pretty sure this was an April Fools joke started on one of the C's mailing lists. It was the list owner who posted it.

I'm not going to mention the list owners name, but he's quite flamboyant. :D

Oh,really? I'm not sure if that timing [a Christmas release in September] is proper to put people into the mood for buying Christmas releases in the middle of summer, especially in the US.

It has more to do with warehouseing requirements by the big chain stores. They need to get their Christmas stuff ready to go in the fall so they can get it in the racks around Halloween time. (Not that that's a good thing.)

Yuka's site does mention Karen's vocals. Yuka bats something like 99.9% of the time info wise. I trust her sources often and w/o disappointment.

Wait-n-see,

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom