• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New Juan Oskar CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven J. Gross

Just got a copy of the brand spanking new Juan Oscar CD: "Jazz Pizzazz and Latino", and it is as exciting to listen to as a new Tijuana Brass album. For anyone who loves music that is upbeat and fresh- this is it. Buy it and I promise it will put a smile on your face. The entire project is destined to become a classic . Juan- you have a hit here. :thumbsup:
This is going to be #1 on my list for a long time to come!!!

Juan Oskar's 2nd CD, "JAZZ, PIZZAZZ AND LATINO," arrived today and you all have to run out and get yourself a copy! Jay Maynes (AKA Juan Oskar) is a fantastic talent who should be heard on radio stations everywhere across the country. There are tracks to appeal to everyone. To take a phrase from the first TJB Tour Book, "ESTUPENDO!"

¡Usted lo ha hecho otra vez, Juan Oskar! La gente que no ha oído sus talentos musicales está faltando una fiesta para sus oídos. ¡Magnifico, maestro! Gracias por su generosidad en compartir su regalo con nosotros. ¡Muchas gracias por todo!
:goodie:
You have done it again, Juan Oskar! The people who have not heard your musical talents are missing a fiesta for their ears. Magnifico, maestro! Thank you for your generosity in sharing your gift with us. Many thanks for everything!

DJ
From one A&M amigo to another

Sounds like I need to hear this. How can we get the CD? Can we order it directly from you, Juan, or will it be available in stores?

Mike A

This is a great new CD. I listened to it last night and again this morning on the way to work. I said it last time, and I'll say it again, I really love the voice of Ana Blendu.

I did briefly note a problem which I haven't had time to investigate further. The track list has "Slick" as number 12, when in fact it's 13 on the actual disc.

The website for Mr. Oskar is: http://www.juanoskar.biz

Harry
...enjoying the new album, online...

Juan Oscar... Yeah! You did it!! It's marvelous!!!

This is one I'll be playing for a long time. It won't leave the CD deck for quite a while. Gee everyone, we have a real celebrity in our midst -- a true talent and one heck of a nice guy!

Congratulations, Juan Oscar! Thanks for sharing your Gift -- the world is a better place!! :wink:

Jon

Harry Wrote:I did briefly note a problem which I haven't had time to investigate further. The track list has "Slick" as number 12, when in fact it's 13 on the actual disc.

Thank you. I don't know how this got passed me. I was constantly checking CD proofs, printing etc. They send one final one for me to check so I'm listening for any sound anamolies. But after reading Harry's post I find that tr.#8 skips to #9, then tr.#13 & 14 become one track. Then things are back on track starting at #15. I could just scream :shock:
As long as people enjoy it.

Special Corner Offer: The first 10 emails I get with an address, I'll send you a CD.

Mine was waiting in my "in box" when I returned from Bahrain. I haven't had a chance to "give it a spin" yet as I've only been home around 24 hours. The bulk of that has been spent either sleeping or going through the initiation process for my new rank... But I look forward to hearing these new cuts, Jay!

--Mr Bill

tr.#8 skips to #9, then tr.#13 & 14 become one track. Then things are back on track starting at #15.

Jay - don't worry, when we all start making free copies for all our friends, we'll fix it! :D

(P. S. for casual fans: The above is a JOKE, which you will "get" as soon as you read the liner notes on the new CD! So go buy it already!)

Steve wrote:I'd really love to see Juan play live. Any tour plans?
I do a single on Friday and Saturday nights 8 to 1am at La Perla in Glendale, AZ. If anyone is going to be in the area, let me know & I'll guide you there. I play trumpet, piano, and sing with back up CDz. The Huevos trumpeters will come and sit in. When things get weird, I have a regular feature called, "Dumb Ass Jokes".

Mike Wrote: Don't worry, when we all start making free copies for all our friends, we'll fix it! Go for it! :laugh:

A&M Corner people can still email for a free copy. I've got a few left. It will be sold on CDBaby.com for about six bucks very soon. Later amigos...Jay

Just wanted to let Jay know my copy arrived yesterday. I've given it a spin and indeed there is much great material here to enjoy. This is a real gem, and I'm looking forward to the future Christmas album that's mentioned in the liner notes.
Thanks for sharing your musical gifts with us, and may your endeavors continue to succeed.
JB

Jay, this a wonderful album, great fun to listen to and altogether upbeat! Both my husband and I enjoyed listening to it. I think it's gonna' get a lot of play time at our house. Great musicianship, too!!

Marilyn, who also anticipates a great Christmas album!

I also want to send my congrats to you Jay! Wonderful album. I like the "Killer Joe" quote that opens up "Slick". :wink: Love the trombone solo on "Viejito" as well! And I could swear I heard a bit of "Come Rain Or Come Shine" on one of the tracks ("Never Want To Say Goodbye"?). :wink: Very musical, nice variety of styles. And it comes out as if you had quite a bit of fun doing this, which to me makes this a very lively album. Muy Bueno! :D

Capt. Bacardi

Now that my friend Dave (who relieved me over there) finally agreed to let me use his vehicle I FINALLY listened to the first few tracks on my drive home from the base. Wow is the word I use to describe it so far. Much more gusto than the first disc and a wider range of style, too! Question regarding the vocalist(s) -- did one of them attend the Wechter Tribute with you?

Great disc Juan. A duet with Herb would be a natural for you (and Herb).

--Mr Bill
in a great deal of pain at the moment...

I started listening to the new album last night and have been playing it again this afternoon. I think this is a terrific pice of work and my listening this afternoon has stalled at Amma which (so far) strikes me as THE stand out track - subtle, soothing, romantic - I keep hitting the replay button.

Congratulations, Jay, you've hit the spot!

Stephen

This one is just the greatest fun! I've given it a spin once a day, and it's a sheer delight. Still trying to absorb it all, but the one I can't get out of my head--and it makes for great driving music, as does the whole album--is "Out Of Town Driver 2004(Club Mix)" a real hoot and makes me smile no end!

Wonderful piece of work, Jay. :thumbsup: :goodie: :bandit: The only true 'summer album' I've heard this year....it's jazzy, it rocks, and most of all, it's ultracooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Best and Thanx,

ED:cool:

Been listening to the CD for about a week now...

Absolutely terrific! Very professional!
Great songs, great arrangements, great sound quality, great musicianship...
I am really impressed with the songs - many are as good or better than anything I have listened to from any artist.
I think track #15 - Que Hasta Loca is an exceptionally fine piece of music and so is the rest, but this one really stands out for me...

This is worth a lot more than $6...I've got many CDs that cost 2-3 times as much and aren't as good...

I think this CD ranks right up there with any of the A&M artists that are the subject of this forum...

I got my copy of the CD today, and I'm enjoying it immensely! This is THE BEST new album that I've heard in a long time. It is very fresh, upbeat, fun, and eclectic, and also has some of that "classic A&M" sound to it as well. There are times I swear that I'm listening to Herb, Sergio, or Chuck Mangione!

Thank you so much Jay, for sharing your awesome talent with us! :D

Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom