• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New Richard Carpenter & family concert in Thousand Oaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAZZ4JEFF

Richard made a statement in his BBC interview about working on a scholarship concert for the Thousand Oaks Civic Theater, and I found this event listed.

RICHARD CARPENTER FAMILY & FRIENDS
Presented by Alliance for the Arts

Wednesday, September 20th, 2006 at 7:30 PM

Fred Kavli Theatre (Concerts)

Enjoy the 1st annual “Front and Center” talent competition, featuring the top high school and college finalists in Dance, Song and Instrumental competing for a Richard Carpenter Performing Arts Scholarship. If you enjoy American Idol and Star Search, you’ll love the “Front and Center” talent competition awards show spotlighting talented youth from our local communities. You will be supporting the local performing artists, as all proceeds from the event will go to support the Richard Carpenter Performing Arts Scholarship Program. Besides enjoying these very talented local student performers, you will be treated to some wonderful performances by the legendary Richard Carpenter along with the highly entertaining Carpenter Kids. This will truly be a variety show to remember. Tickets have been priced modestly, so bring the whole gang for an evening of family fun and enjoyment

http://www.ci.thousand-oaks.ca.us/theatre/tickets/events/event.asp?eventID=809

Thanks very much, Jeff, for posting this. My hat's off to Richard, who always seems to be encouraging the younger generation to become involved in the arts. So many school kids are suffering from lack of funding in that area. It seems it's always the first expenditure to be cut.

Marilyn

the stitch said:
...So many school kids are suffering from lack of funding in that area...

Yes, and it was for me back then, too! :rolleyes:

the stitch said:
...It seems it's always the first expenditure to be cut...

...Don't I know it! :neutral:inkshield:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom