Newville House

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryT60

What ever happened to the house on Newville? Was it preserved after all? Is there any memorabilia out there available?

Just wondering.....

The part of the house that once housed the recording studio where songs like 'Yesterday Once More' were spawned was demolished recently to make way for the monstrosity that now sits there.

The original part of the house is still there today but the last I heard, the family were planning to demolish that too to build a new home on the plot.

A few years ago the current owners had a garage sale and some fans were able to take souvenirs from the house, including cuttings of the famous red carpet in the recording studio and items from Karen's bedroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr1rEmhQO2g

It's a shame. While the owners have every right to do whatever they wish to the property, It's still sad to think that a place with so much musical history is going to be completely gone soon. However,we are a country that values personal property rights,so,again, it's their right. We may not like that, but we have to respect it.

I guess the reason it affects us fans so much is that it further drives home the fact of Karen's absence. It's like another piece of her is vanishing,which makes me sad.

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom