• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

No Digital TJB yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven J. Gross

Am I correct that no Herb Alpert and the TJB CDs have been digitally remastered? There are dozens of A&M acts that have been- why not the TJB of all things? Does Vivendi own the masters or does Herb? :confused:

Steven J. Gross said:
Am I right that no Herb Alpert and the TJB CDs have been digitally remastered? There are dozens of A&M acts that have been- why not the TJB of all things? Does Vivendi own the masters or does Herb? :confused:

Herb does...we're all waiting anxiously for some remastered reissues... :confused:

Dan

Steven J. Gross said:
Am I right that no Herb Alpert and the TJB CDs have been digitally remastered? There are dozens of A&M acts that have been- why not the TJB of all things? Does Vivendi own the masters or does Herb? :confused:

Wait patiently and in the meantime don't spend big buck$ on any TJB items on eBay. I hear that the wait will be well worth it... :wink:

Steve Sidoruk said:
Wait patiently and in the meantime don't spend big buck$ on any TJB items on eBay. I hear that the wait will be well worth it... :wink:

Steve! You're such a tease! :wink:

--Mr Bill
wondering if I should have the Mrs sell my TJB CDs on eBay before their artificailly high price drops again... :wink:

Mr Bill said:
wondering if I should have the Mrs sell my TJB CDs on eBay before their artificailly high price drops again... :wink:

It will be funny to see all these "collectors" realize the $300 CDs they bought won't even be worth $5 once the new ones come out. Other than sentimental value, the poor sound and "quickie" reissue packaging certainly doesn't help the old ones keep their value!

Steven J. Gross said:
Wait a second, "Definative Hits" (which I don't have) was digitally done, right?

On some of the tracks, any "digital" portion of the remastering must have been a reference to the fingers of the person running the consoles... it just didn't live up to the hype.

Dan, saying that the liner notes from Herb were the best part of that package....

All CDs are digital, if you want to get technical about it. :wink:

Def Hits was reportedly "remastered", but to my ears, some of the earlier tracks didn't survive the ages all that well. "Tijuana Taxi" certainly has its share of "potholes"! All a good digital transfer will do is preserve what was on the original tape...warts (and dropouts, and hiss) and all. I"m hoping they decide to use a high-res digital format like 24/96 to store it in. Can we hope for dual-layer hybrid SACDs? If they're going to bother remastering these anyway, why not do it on something that won't be as outdated a couple years down the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom