• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Non-A&M Reissues...Your Favorites, Your Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've mentioned in my initial post, a British label has reissued four Bobby Goldsboro LP's as Two-Fer's on two CD's... I actually took the time to ask whether or not there would be plans to Reissue any more of Bobby's stuff... (In the Most Friendly and Polite manner, mind you)

I sent an eMail to the Reissue company, which happens to be BGO (Beat Goes On, based in England...) My Inquiry got answered by a gentleman on Staff by the name of Andy, who states the following:

Andy at BGO Records said:
Hi, David!

Thanks for your eMail.

Yes, we have some more Bobby Goldsboro under consideration for Release in the New Year.

Regards,

Andy

The response felt encouraging, (Though, yeah, why can't they be reissued SOONER?!) :mad: :laugh: and it was good to hear that More are at least being considered in the coming year...!
bouncy.gif

So there is more hope for a lot of stuff you want and that you hope will be on CD than you think... If you just write! ...And WAIT!! :neutral:inkshield:

Dave

Being ever so PATIENT, online!
hyper.gif

BMG Heritage has to reissue "Bulletin Board" by The Partridge Family (1973). David Cassidy's "Dreams Are Nothin' More Than Wishes" (1973) is only available as an Japanese import. Unfountantly, BMG has no plans on reissuing "Bulletin Board" on CD. :mad: There was also talk of a box set but there are no plans as of now. Matt Clark Sanford, MI

AM Matt Clark... said:
...BMG Heritage has to reissue The Partridge Family ...Bulletin Board (1973)...

I agree... Though I really only listen to Side 1 and "Now and Then" pry off my Carpenters Now And Then, which it's stuck to, and I only listen to Side 2 of, to listen to How Long Is Too Long (I love the Sitar, which takes me back to when this song played on the radio and would hear it in my dad's Rambler) and (I'll Never, Never) Get Over You (with the "Bah, Bah, Bah-Bah, Bah...", borrowed from I Think I Love You...)

And while I have my "frankenrecord"
frankenstein.gif
of these two separated, I put on Karen singing Jambalaya (On The Bayou) or relive my fond memories of Sing...

Anyway, don't give up on the possibility of a reissue entirely...!
meditate.gif

...of Sanford said:
...Unfountantly, BMG has no plans on reissuing ...Bulletin Board on CD...

Well, fortunately Roller Coaster went on yet, ANOTHER Partridge Family Greatest Hits CD, along with several Bonus Tracks intended for "the ALMOST- reissue of" ...Bulletin Board... Really hoped for TWO DISCS, and that it would include We Gotta Get Outta This Place and Morning Rider On The Road and even David Cassidy singing Cherish, but no such luck! :baah:

Still might check this out, as there is one track, which the Background Singers did as a single when they were 'The Love Generation', which is included on a CD compilation of their Hits...

Dave

What about Carl Carlton...? Isn't it time Everlasting Love made it to CD? I usually mostly see some self-titled thing he made in the '80's on CD as a Japanese Import; --The Bad CC, or something...

Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds...: A ten-track compilation, that's already out could easily be TWENTY TRACKS--or MORE!!!

I'd buy it for the Daisy Mae single, but I'm still forcing myself to wait for a "Complete Works Set"...!
hissyfit.gif

...Which I hope does comes out and it ALL just MIGHT Fit on One-Disc!

Dave

I wait rather hopelessly to see the two Temptations albums they made for Atlantic Records in 1977 & 1979 respectively. It'll never happen but I wish they'd surface on Rhino Handmade.

Ed

DAN BOLTON said:
Itzak Perlman and Andre Previn did a couple of albums together back in the late '70's; one was titled A DIFFERENT KIND OF BLUES, and I forget the other...I have ADKOB on vinyl somewhere, but would love to have both on CD. As far as I know, neither are available, and long OOP.

Shelly Manne was on drums, and Jim Hall on guitar, with Previn on piano...I forget who was on bass. I remember ADKOB to be a refreshing jazz abum, with Perlman really sawing away on the violin, with some very tasty improvisations on the blues...

Dan

Just on a lark, I went to Amazon.com and lo, and behold...A DIFFERENT KIND OF BLUES was offerred on CD in 1992, several years after the album was recorded. It's long OOP now, but there were 4 copies available from other sellers...ranging from 20 to 60 bucks before shipping. I could buy a new turntable for not much more than that... :rolleyes:

The bass player was Red Mitchell...Amazon has sound clips for all songs in Windows Media Player mode.

Dan

Do Tha' 'Tation-Ed said:
...I wait rather hopelessly to see the two Temptations albums on Atlantic Records in 1977 & 1979 respectively... ...It'll never happen, but I wish they'd surface on Rhino...

Ed

That's the Temptations' Do The Temptations
dance-cpatch.gif
and Bareback...!
blush.gif

Surely Collectibles might have some interest in reissuing it, much like it did the entire Herbie Mann catalog on Atlantic and the two Sergio Mendes titles on Elektra, so don't be suprised...

Dave

Dave said:
Do Tha' 'Tation-Ed said:
...I wait rather hopelessly to see the two Temptations albums on Atlantic Records in 1977 & 1979 respectively... ...It'll never happen, but I wish they'd surface on Rhino...

Ed

That's the Temptations' Do The Temptations
dance-cpatch.gif
and Bareback...!
blush.gif

Surely Collectibles might have some interest in reissuing it, much like it did the entire Herbie Mann catalog on Atlantic and the two Sergio Mendes titles on Elektra, so don't be suprised...

Dave

"Temptations Do The Temptations" was the last one they did for Motown before they briefly moved to Atlantic. You probably mean "Hear To Tempt You". "Bare Back" is indeed the other one. Since both albums were flops, I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Ed

Ed do ThaFunkyFakeTation said:
...Temptations Do The Temptations was the last one they did for Motown before they briefly moved to Atlantic... You mean Hear To Tempt You...

Ed

Yes, that's right, I forgot that it was...
duh2.gif

Anyway, Collectibles would be the Co. to do it!

Dave

Minor correction - the label's name out of Narberth, PA is spelled "Collectables". Lani Hall's reworked 'hits' album is spelled "COLLECTIBLES".

Harry

Harry said:
Minor correction - the label's name out of Narberth, PA is spelled "Collectables". Lani Hall's reworked 'hits' album is spelled "COLLECTIBLES".

Harry

---
duh2.gif
:laugh:

In Honor of the Spirit of "Queen Lani",
queen.gif
I shall habitually Christen the Legenday Narberth Reissue Label as "COLLECTIBLES"...!
king.gif

Speaking of which--...Is she alright, does she go out alot at night...?--No, I don't think Bullfrogs bite...

--I'm talking about Daddy's Little Man from Mac Davis's "Album Within An Album", Songpainter...! As I've said, his catalog is due for reissuing right now and at least ONE version of Songpainter (it was issued with TWO covers and the songs in different order; like the First Issue better 'cause the MUSICIANS are listed) would be a good place to start... --That or how 'bout O.C. Smith...?! :agree:

...And right now thinking about the "Anti-War" Home--though to me it's a song I sing about my Long Day at Work being something similar; probably not any more a "Protest Song" than Bobby Goldsboro's Broomstick Cowboy... :neutral:inkshield:

Dave :usflag:

When? I have never seen them. The third album was GREEN GREEN GRASS OF HOME and the only version I ever saw had the title song and maybe one or two others from that LP. The rest were from another album.

David,
VERY curious.........

Looking at our catalog, I don't see his first 3 albums available any more, but that doesn't mean they were never on CD. You might want to try Dusty Groove or GEMM.

In 1977 Norman Granz's Pablo Records released a series called Montreaux '77 with a bunch of jazz artists doing their thing. Among those I would love to see the sets by the Benny Carter 4, Count Basie, Dizzy Gillespie and Oscar Peterson.

Capt. Bacardi

Tom Jones' first three (US) Lp releases are contained in a 3CD long box set called Chronicles. They are digitally remastered with a booklet that reproduces the original album art and liner notes. I noticed that Overstock.com has it for $21.28, which is about what I paid for it at Costco.

I also got the Simon & Garfunkel box set for about the same price at the same time. That one has the Japanese style mini-Lps. Really cool.

Jeff

Forgot to mention Petula Clark. When is Collectors' Choice Music going to reissue her Warner Bros. material (including 1967 "These Are My Songs")??? :confused: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Petula Clark's entire catalog has been reissued by some Import label, including a "Lost" album which I think just wasn't released in the States...

Bonus Material--Non-LP Singles, Alternate Tracks (from versions of LP's released Overseas) and even Unreleased Material, ...--and ALL!! --ALL on CD!!!

Now if P'Tula
spit.gif
can be Reissued, then why can't...__________???!!!
fuming.gif

Dave :jester:

I went to: www.oldies.com this evening & found out on Tuesday November 7, Collectibles will released Bobby Goldsboro "Honey"/"We Gotta Start Lovin'" (2 albums on 1 CD). Matt Clark Sanford, MI

That's cool! Though, I really like the way We Gotta Start Lovin' was re-titled as Watchin' Scotty Grow...

Glad it's coming out even with ANOTHER Honey...! Collectibles seems like the label to do it; I hope more will come!

Dave

The Osmonds-only one of their regular albums has ever come out on CD(The Plan)& that was delated VERY quickly.
Hudson Brothers-there was one comp,now out of print & now going for around $75...
Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods-(see above)Their one disc goes for $100.Their second album,the one on ABC with the two big hits,is like a Grass Roots album!(and there's supposed to be a completed,but unreleased second ABC album in the vault...)
The Illusion-three albums on Steed.All have come out as imports,but they're all needledrops...
Paul Revere & The Raiders-the rest of their albums
Three Dog Night-most of the albums came out in the late 80s/early '90s.All are out of print.
David Cassidy-The Higher They Climb,The Harder They Fall/Home Is Where The Heart Is/Getting It In The Street-released on RCA '75-'77.Never on CD.(Getting It...was never offically released.Promos were sent out,but the actual release was cancelled,even though the records were pressed.The entire stock was dumped into cutout bins a few years later when RCA emptied their warehouses.

Paul anka made great albums headlines walk a fine line beautiful songs poor arrangements think im in love again on both sides of love brought up inew york in listen to your heart butom jones nevereally was careful to choose his material exceptori amos duet diane warren song i want get back with you

Isn't it time that BELL-1120, The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia by Vicki Lawrence has gotten reissued????

I often see a few Non-LP Singles listed at Music Stack and GEMM, such as Cameo, Ships In The Night (written by Bobby Russell, like "Honey", "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia", "Little Green Apples", etc.), Mama's Gonna Make It All Better, The Other Woman, Don't Stop The Music and Newborn Woman, which as possible Bonus Tracks, should also be included...

Vicki's Two-Woman Show, playing stand-up commedienne, as "herself" along with her "Mama"-character from MAMA'S FAMILY is hilarious! You gotta see it!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom