Official Website Update--02/06;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Chris.

Well I hate to point out errors, but I see one glaring error and one minor error just looking at the "Recordings" section.

Glaring error: The last entry on the page is listed as CHRONICLES SERIES: CARPENTERS GOLD, nowhere on the actual package is the word "Gold" used. Secondly, it's listed as a "3 CD Set including the original first three Carpenters albums: "Ticket To Ride", "Close To You", and "Carpenters"." when in fact it contains their second, third, and fourth albums - and not their first, "Ticket To Ride". (The same errors occur in the "News" section.)

Minor error, and one that could logically be explained: GOLD entry depicts the original cover, now gone from stores. If it were me, I'd include both covers.

Harry

Universal Music Netherlands recently released "Carpenters Ultimate Collection", a chronilogically arranged collection on 3 cds. The third cd is a "bonus" with 7 tracks from Richard's and Karen's solo albums, including Richard's "TIME"

Anyone have more info on this, how and where can we order this, I've never heard of it. There are cuts from Karen's solo album? Bonus CD? Sounds interesting. Cover Pic?

Also in error in the "News" section of the site is the blurb about the 22 HITS 10th anniversary edition -- it says that the release includes a Karaoke DVD, which of course it does not, since the karaoke disc is merely a CD.

David

Not sure if this was just put on the website but it's the first time I read it:

FANS ASK - For Carpenters fans still wondering if this site is REALLY authored by Richard Carpenter, we would like to assure you that this website is a hands-on effort by Richard and the Webutante, and yes, Richard really does answer the Fans Ask questions. Not only does he dictate his responses to fan letters, he also edits text as we develop new material, and contributes creatively to the overall project. Nothing goes on this site without Richard's approval!

So I'm kinda suprised that we are finding error's on the website, but maybe these are considered minor?

I think, as in the case with many stars/artists, some fans actually know more about minor details of their works than do those artists.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom