• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

OUT OF PRINT !!!! ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

According to towerrecords Ticket to Ride is out of print. Is this true :?: I sure hope not because I don't have it yet! If Ticket to Ride is out of print that means that Universal might cancel other Carpenters items that don't sell well. :mad:

I checked cduniverse and they have it backordered so it could be true. :cry:

Towerrecords.com currently lists this as "low stock",making one believe that there is at least SOME quanity in their warehouse. Amazon lists a "9-12 day" wait,meaning that they order from UMG on an "as needed" basis(they do't order until you order) but have evidently not been given any word about cutout status. Deletion lists rarely come out this time of year,though the end of the calender is when many older lists expire and stock must be in the manufaurer's hands by a specific date(usually months after the list was printed). The first of the year usually brings new cutout lists and,yes, the album could appear on a list but with UMG going through a price reduction structuring that is supposed to effect deep catalog in a few weeks,I would suspect that they would rather see if a lower price will move stock rather than take it back. As for any info concerning Tower-good,bad or indifferent-I would take it with a grain of salt-the chain is up for sale and they don't want to do anything to chase potential suitors(Musicland and Trans World are two possibilities)away. Runaway inventories on slow moving stock and "out of stock" situations on best sellers will keep potential suitors away. Mac

I've owned the Rebound Records reissue since this came out in 1995 and not long ago spotted a copy in the stands. The price was apx. $9 and the original catalog number (4205) was contained within the bar code.
JB

It's currently out of stock at our warehouse, too, but there's no "cut-out date" or "last return date" listed, so I think it's just a victim of holiday stockups depleting the stock. Maybe all the hoopla about the Beatles lately stimulated the demand for this Beatles-song-titled album. Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom