• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Outtakes from "Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there are outakes! The one that comes to mind is a song called "The Reply." I remember seeing it listed on the promo material then was confused as to why it wasn't on the CD. I know it exists. I've never heard it. There are probably more, but who knows.

"The Reply" turned up on Akiko's album -- as sung by Akiko, not Richard. I would certainly imagine that Richard has done at least a demo version of all the songs he's written.

Songs I can think of right now, written by Richard Carpenter but sung by other artists:

"What Am I Gonna Say" (Scott Grimes)
"How Could I Ask for More" (Akiko)
"The Reply" (Akiko)
"All Those Years Ago" (Veronique/Petula Clark)
"December Morn" (Seiko Matsuda)
"Christmas Turned Blue" (Seiko Matsuda)
"When I Dream" (Sixth Wave/Zaitsu)

and of course the songs sung by other artists on TIME:

"Something In Your Eyes"
"In Love Alone"
"That's What I Believe"

That looks like a whole album right there! And there's got to be more; surely he's written more songs that just haven't been recorded yet...

David

I thought "Some Guys..." was an outake from Made in America. Does anyone know for sure?

Is "When I Dream" a vocal or instrumental piece?

This is an interesting topic, I never though about there being possible outakes from Time, sure would be cool to hear these left over's. You know how it goes with Carpenters left-overs. There usually the best stuff. :D

goodjeans said:
I think that Richard covered "Some Guys Have All The Luck".

The Persuaders/Rod Stewart song? Wow, how did that one get shelved? That's a really awesome song; I'd have loved to have heard Richard's take on it!

Jeff F.

Was "Some Guys" done as "Some Girls" with Karen on lead?
Somewhere sometime, I thought I'd heard that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom