• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Pet Shop Boys LIVE in Cologne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno

Last week, I attended my first Pet Shop Boys ever. They played at the Palladium in Cologne. There were 4000 people to see them, and they did a great show, which lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes, without a break. They played their greatest hits and some songs of their new album YES, which in my opinion is one of their best albums ever.

Watching the singer, Neil Tennant, it was interesting to see, that it is possible to get older in the show biz without hiding it. Neil, who is now 55 years old (his partner Chris Lowe, who plays keyboards and drums, is 50 now) has by now gray hair and he surely didn't get any plastic surgery. But his voice is as great as ever!

The audience was mostly in my age (45 years), but there were some younger people, too, probably attracted by their new album, which is receiving good airplay here in Germany. There were many gay men in the audience, because the Pet Shop Boys are openly gay and their are gay icons.

I'm glad I was there, even though there were not seats. Standing there all those hours (not only during the show, but waiting in front of the Palladium to open up etc.) was exhausting. Not only the Pet Shop Boys have aged, so have their fans, and so have I.

Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom