• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Primetime Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit1234

Any thoughts about this hidden gem? Nice step in a new synthesized direction or a cheap rip off not worthy of being a Olivia Newton John B-side?

I've never heard a single member on this board ever mention this song. Thoughts please.

Amit (...feeling very Voice Of The Heartish....online....)

"Prime Time Love" isn't an A+ track,but it has a cool,mellow feel to it and fits in very well on VOICE OF THE HEART.The sax and percussion embellishments give the song some added spicyness,as well.It occupies it's rightful place on one of K&R's best albums.Incidentally,this is not a song that Olivia Newton-John would have recorded.(as Amit mentioned).Olivia was strictly top 40,and I think "Prime Time Love" would've received more attention on a smooth jazz/easy listening-type station back in 1983.

Actually, I really like this song. When the lyrics "why waste your time on trying to find- someone better_", the music, vocals, both lead and background, all come together so wonderfully it gives me that "lift" a great song does. Reminds me of a similar part of "Only the Angels Know" on the Akiko album. Another Karen song sung by someone else.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom