Queen of the country is a great fan of Karen Carpenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man

Just a few quotes found from the web. Feel Happy and surprised to know queen of the country is a great fan of Karen Carpenter

Shania Twain (in Bullet - September/October 1993)
"She [Karen] has the voice of perfection. It's just so soothing, so easy to listen to. The Carpenters' music was full of so many beautiful sounds and harmonies. When I was five years old, I sat for hours with a headset on listening to The Carpenters and just mocking harmonies and different things like that. She was definitely my earliest influence. I'm very sad that Karen Carpenter is not alive today -- very, very, sad."

Shania Twain (in People Magazine, December 30. 1996)
Various celebs were asked whom they 'd most like to talk to in the "great beyond."

"Karen Carpenter -- probably my favorite singer of all time. She's the one person I always wished had lived."

By the way, if any of you are interested in Shania brand new single, here is the video:
http://stream.country.com/ramgen/streaming/cmt/videoclip/shtw-imgonnagetchagood-320x240-full.rm'

The Queen of Broadway loves Karen, too.

In the notes to Kristin Chenoweth's album Let Yourself Go, John Lahr writes: "One desultory afternoon we found ourselves crusing the aisles of Tower Records on Sunset Boulevard...as we picked through the records, Chenoweth came upon Karen Carpenter. 'One of my favorite singers,' she said. 'There's some deep pain in her voice that you can hear in everything she does. To me it's more than just good technique.' "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom