RandyAndy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

I finally found a copy of RandyAndy (SP 4944), done by our friend Randy Badazz and Andy Armer. I used to see this album a lot, but had always passed it up. I'm glad I finally did find it. It's a pretty funky album. My favorite tune has to be "It's Always You" - plenty of my exes fit the bill, so to speak. :D But this album has some great grooves, and had me playing my horn over a couple of tunes. Definitely worth picking up!

Now if I could only figure out what they were taking when recording "The Optimist". :goofygrin:

Capt. Bacardi

I'm glad someone else here enjoys this one as much as I do. If you can, try to find the 12" versions of "People In The USA" and "The Motor Song" -- if you enjoyed what they did to "Bullish" on the Monster Funk mix and Rub-a-dub-dub mix you'll love those. I also have a 45 (double sided promo) of "Bucks" and a 12" (d-s promo as well) of "Honk Honk Beep Beep" by Badazz. LPJim knows of a few other Pre-Armer Badazz tunes...

Not only "The Optimist" but "FallOut" also seems inspired by "outside" influences shall we say... Better shut your mouth... Quick!

--Mr Bill
"Things are really gonna get much better 'cuz they surely couldn't get much worse (arf!)"

Mr Bill said:
I'm glad someone else here enjoys this one as much as I do. If you can, try to find the 12" versions of "People In The USA" and "The Motor Song" --

I just got the 12" of "People In The USA" today in the mail, so I'll give it a spin later.

Capt. Bacardi

"Motor Song" is even better. Homage paid to David Bowie, John Lennon, The Wizard of Oz and more. Pete Jolly does some phenominal accordian work on "People" too -- his style will be instantly recognizable.

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom