• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Richard Carpenter's "Together At Christmas Again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Perales

Hi, people!

I found this clip a few weeks ago of Richard singing this song while playing his piano. I'm surprised that no one here has ever mentioned it (or I probably missed it, somehow).

Anyway, since I'm not sure of the forum policy of adding a link to the video, I can tell you to go to Youtube, and type "Richard Carpenter - Together At Christmas Again" on the search bar and it will take you there.

Hope you all enjoy it. Especially since the Christmas season has officially begun.

Danny

since I'm not sure of the forum policy of adding a link to the video
The forum's policy about adding YouTube links is under consideration at the moment.

On the one hand, we have people posting links to old Sergio Mendes or Herb Alpert footage that is likely never to be commercially available and/or is so old that it's in the public domain.

On the other hand, we have items like this Carpenter video that are probably not meant for public consumption and probably WILL be commercially available at some time in the future.

We have had a blanket policy of not allowing any YouTube links, but we have been more lenient in the case of old stuff like in my first example above. In the Carpenter example, though, it's probably best just to post "directions" (as you did) and not the link itself. This is because the item is definitely covered by someone's copyright, and it's very likely that the copyright owner (in this case, Richard) might not be happy about our hosting a link here.

If you (or anyone) doesn't understand our logic on this, please feel free to PM me or any other of the staff.

The video in question has been seen before. It was for a Japanese TV special. In addition to Richard performing a tune from his yet unreleased Christmas album, it also features a great clip of Richard going into his collection and pulling out old tapes. He plays an old Spectrum recording and sings along with it. It's a very touching moment.

Thanks for the info.

Right Jeff, If my memory serves me correctly, Richard gets out what looks like a mastertape reel and begins to talk as he loads it onto this player he then mimics his lips the the demo recording. It is the original demo of "All of my Life" I think the tape said it was from 1967. From the Top says it was written in 1966. The song that appears on FTT track says it was recorded AFTER they signed with A&M in 69, which after hearing the Demo you can tell it is immediately different and rough, Karen is soooo young sounding.

This demo recording is indeed special to hear and watch as Richard sings along. He has quite a extensive collection in his recording room, everything is perfect order alpha.

I sure hope Together at Christmas Again reaches his soon to be Christmas CD next year.

JAZZ4JEFF said:
The video in question has been seen before. It was for a Japanese TV special.

That's what I've heard.

In addition to Richard performing a tune from his yet unreleased Christmas album, it also features a great clip of Richard going into his collection and pulling out old tapes. He plays an old Spectrum recording and sings along with it. It's a very touching moment.

WOW! I sure hope that I will get to see this thing in it's entirety, some day.

Thanks for the info.

I should thank YOU for this info.

Danny

Thanks for informing us about the song. It's absolutely gorgeous and and it also reminds what could've been. One can't help but picture Karen's vocals gracing the song. A very gorgeous arrangement from Richard. I'm going to listen to it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alonely bull in paradise said:
Thanks for informing us about the song. It's absolutely gorgeous and and it also reminds what could've been. One can't help but picture Karen's vocals gracing the song. A very gorgeous arrangement from Richard. I'm going to listen to it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome. :angel: It is a very nice song. In fact, I find myself singing it, once in a while.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom