Richard's "Cease and Desist" notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgra

Hello everyone.

Has anyone else gotten the "cease and desist" notice from Richard Carpenter's personal assistant regarding the use of "Carpenters materials without license?"

Apparently, the use of the Carpenters' logo on my website was a problem, although the e-mail also talked about illegal use of recordings and music (of which there is none on my website).

I'm just wondering if anyone else here has received such a notice, since I know many of you have Carpenters-related websites.

Interestingly, Becky whatever-her-name-is provided a link to show how I was illegally using the logo, but the link she provided sent me to Yuka's website... I'm assuming Yuka has received such a notice as well.

I have removed the logo from all areas of my website, as I certainly don't want to be doing anything illegal, but I just wonder what has happened to make Richard want to go after the fan sites...

David

Interesting...

I know that Paramount Pictures once went after all of the myraid Star Trek sites claiming copyright infringement. I guess I can't blame Richard for protecting what's rightfully his.

We here at A&M Corner try to respect the copyrights of the artists we celebrate here and rarely if ever post copyrighted music. We DO use links to Amazon for pictures of product, but as we're an affiliate of Amazon, that's OK.

David, your discography site is a thorough well-thought out research tool. I know that many Carpenters-related questions are often anwered by sending the questioners to it, particularly at the Steve Hoffman site. I often see references to it there.

Harry

I know a Karen sound alike who got this notice. I'm not going to mention names, but she is the closest thing to Karen's voice that I have ever heard. She complied and removed the logo.

Richard is being a bit strange about this :sad: I mean why is he doing this all of the sudden? If the website is run by a respectful fan and they are not making money with the logo... I don't see the problem! :confused:

Regardless of intended use, the Carpenters logo is copyrighted and can't be used without permission. This is why we are careful about using, or not using, various logos on our site here.

It is possible that Richard has a "business manager" or some such person who just decided to do this on his/her own, maybe on the advice of a lawyer.

HEY GUYZ and DOLLZ!

I'm back from an extended vacation that was replete with relaxation and a deep sense of missin' y'all!

Kidz, if'n it comes down to copyright infringement then RC is gonna hafta amputate me arm. This tattoo ain't goin' nowhere w/o a med. proc.

I'm in desperate hopes that my CLOS 2U license plate doesn't incur the wrath of said gent.

Okey dokey folkz, I'm back, happy safe and satisfied.

Note: Chris, C.O single version is still yourz!

Lovin' y'all,

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom