• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Richard's Christmas Album

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringves

I just received the following e-mail from the mostly dormant OFFERING
group. If true, then we may finally get to hear Richard's Christmas album.
Let's hope so !

-- Robert

Hi Carpenterfolk,

I hope everyone is having a great Easter. Here in NC it has been quite cold...in the low 40's and down to 20's at night! (Which makes for some very chilly jelly beans if you're not careful!)

Anyway, I wanted to share a bit of gossip that will most likely turn out to be true.

Let me explain.

I have an online buddy who is pretty tight in the Petula Clark camp. He IM'd me yesterday to let me know that Petula told him that Richard's Christmas album (with her vocal tracks) will be released this Christmas. This is the time of year that Christmas albums begin being readied and prepped for promotion for the next holiday season, so I guess she must have been told.

So, for what it's worth, that's my Carpenters gossip. But, knowing this guy (and everything he's ever told me about any artist has always come to pass) you can bet your money on it.

So,

Happy Easter & Merry Christmas Darling,
Carpenterly yours,
Gregory

It would be so nice to see another Richard Carpenter album. It's been a while. Speaking of Petula Clark, has your friend heard anything regarding a new project by her?

This is potentially good news... he said cautiously.
Do we know who else is guesting on this album? I am not too fond of Petula's voice, unfortunately.

Hi All,

Ideally Richard is currently completing , mixing & mastering his FINAL selections for this long overdue project ....so that it can be issued for October / November 2007 in all key markets & regions .... :)

Do not wish to dampen any Forum members hopes but -I saw Petula Clark in concert last month during her UK tour ....now nearly 75 ....& still a supreme stage performer & vocalist ..... :D

Whilst lining up with other fans after the concert, I asked 2 questions ...Petula does have plans for a new album project & regarding her vocal leads for Richard's planned Christmas solo set ....it is all down to Richard....as Petula with a little frustration said :

"Richard is so slow with releasing this album ....." :rolleyes:

Certainly Petula did not confirm or reject rumours that Richard's Christmas solo album is due for 2007 release .....so we are left HOPING for release ....until Richard confirms his plans for next few releases :wink:

It would be great for Richard's solo album to be out later in 2007 & then consider & work on other Carpenters & solo projects over 2008 & 2009 with so many key Carpenters Anniversaries coming up ....:cool:

Peter

He IM'd me yesterday to let me know that Petula told him that Richard's Christmas album (with her vocal tracks) will be released this Christmas.
Certainly Petula did not confirm or reject rumours that Richard's Christmas solo album is due for 2007 release .....so we are left HOPING for release ....

So which is it?

I just got word, that "yes, Richard is still working on new material for the Christmas Album."

*Note: Info., I just received from an email I got from Alana.
:) Alana, is Richard's Assistant.

- Carpenters Forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom