• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Richard's song - TOGETHER AT CHRISTMAS AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerandnails

This year Karen and Richard have been big in my life!! - I took a church accompanist job in Ramona California only find out that my second organist, an 81 year old FANTASTIC and BRILLIANT/SHARP/FUNNY woman named PAT OLSON, had worked with Richard as second organist at Downey Methodist Church in the mid 1960's and she has stories to tell working with Richard before the "HIT PARADE" days (as she calls it -------- Richard would sneak out of the sermon and go to the parking lot to polish his car and THEN make it back for the postlude....!!!!) Now Pat is my second organist and she calls me her second Richard Carpenter - she says there was no finer musician than Richard ~!! Anyways - I made a demo of TOGETHER AT CHRISTMAS AGAIN for my family (after hearing the song Richard sang on the Japan TV Show) - its rough but I posted on Youtube --- Everytime I play it the folks say I should say I wrote it OR Why doesn't Richard just release it?????

Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlW2ZDF2dLk

Well, compared to "Christmas Turned Blue", --THAT is what I would call a "Richard Carpenter" production, piano-wise, at least...

Great job! :thumbsup:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom