• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW Robert Williams - LATE ONE NIGHT (SP-4889)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Robert Williams
LATE ONE NIGHT
A&M SP-4889

sp4889.jpg

SIDE ONE:

Late One Night 3:26
Within You, Without You 4:32
Roseanna 4:22
Refuse to Suffer 4:06
Self Destruction 3:18

SIDE TWO:

Let it Slide 3:40
Grinding the Gears 3:34
Gotta Be Nice 2:34
Hungry 4:00
Never Been in Love 3:10

Robert Williams - vocals, drums, co-producer
PeeWee Hall - bass
Eric Williams, Hugh Cornwell & Lawrence Juber - guitar
John Bowen - keyboards

Charlotte Caffey, Jane Wiedlin, Danny Elfman, Art Barron, David Lean & Denny Walley - vocals
Bruce Fowler - trombone
Scott Wilkes - synthesizer

Joe Chiccarelli - Co-Producer
David Marquette, Mitch Gibson & Robin Lane - engineers
Mastered by Jo Hansch

Album Design & Art - Melanie Nissen
Art Direction - Chuck Beeson

Recorded at Soundcastle, Preferred Sound, Davlen Sound Studio & The Village Recorder
Mastered at Artisan Sound Recorders
Released August 17, 1982

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Much more uneven than his prior EP, Buy My Record. Still a good listen.

And look at that line-up of guests and backing musicians! One of the Fowler brothers, Danny Elfman of Oingo Boingo, Charlotte and Jane from the Go-Go's and Hugh Cornwell of The Stranglers!

A few years back on Judge Judy there was an episode where Johnny Rotten and Robert Williams were suing each other. I don't remember the details or even who won, but Johnny's courtroom antics alone were worth the watch!

(This is a repost... I was trying to figure out why the "Bold" and "Italic" buttons were gone and in trying to "Bold" whne I did something and only the "M" appeared. In response to Harry's "N" I will simply say: "O" )

A few years back on Judge Judy there was an episode where Johnny Rotten and Robert Williams were suing each other. I don't remember the details or even who won, but Johnny's courtroom antics alone were worth the watch!)

The way my wife watches Court TV Shows--and Judge Judy, a lot!--I am quite sure I've seen that episode & quite an uproar you'd expect a couple o' famous guys to instigate to the point where you'd wonder why their case would go on a televised program like hers...!

And, no, I don't remember who won...

-- Dave

The Wiki article on Williams said his 'Judge Judy' suit from 1997 was for lost wages and assault charges. It was dismissed for lack of evidence.
JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom