• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Ruby And The Romantics "Hurting Each Other" on A&a

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM Matt

Forum Undertaker
The R&B quintet from Akron, Ohio Ruby And The Romantics did the original "Hurting Each Other" which went to # 113 on the Billboard Bubbling Under Singles Charts back in April 12, 1969. It wasn't until the Carpenters had a big hit with the song that went to # 2 back in February of 1972. The flip side of the Ruby And The Romantics 45 single was called "Baby I Could Be So Good At Lovin' You" on A&M 1042. Ruby Nash Curtis was born in New York City. I never heard of the original version. Matthew Clark Sanford, Michigan

"Baby I Could Be So Good At Lovin You" was written and performed by Buzz Clifford on his Dot label (Paramount) album called SEE YOUR WAY CLEAR (DLP 25,965). An odd album - the record exits from the top of the jacket. But I always liked that track - obscure as it is. It got a little airplay on Philly's old Popular 102 FM.

Harry
...letting Christmas dinner settle, online...

I've got a double-sided W/L promo copy of Ruby & The Romantics' "Hurting Each Other" (Stereo & Mono). I used to have a tan-label copy backed with "Baby, I Could Be So Good At Lovin' You", but they didn't do it as well as The Sandpipers. Whose version I also have on a '45', B/W "The World Is A Circle (From LOST HORIZON)". All the songs on each of the '45's were produced by Allen Stainton and arranged by Nick De Caro. Ruby & The Romantics' biggest hit was, of course, "Our Day Will Come", written by Mort Garson, who produced a lot of acts at A&M, so maybe that's how Ruby & The Romantics managed to make that '45', but no LP.

Dave

Ruby & the Romantics did this in '69??
I've always assumed it was earlier(I have it on tape somewhere).
If that's the case,the original version was by the Guess Who,circa '65-'66,when they were on Scepter.

DRAWER L said:
Ruby & the Romantics did this in '69??
I've always assumed it was earlier(I have it on tape somewhere).
If that's the case,the original version was by the Guess Who,circa '65-'66,when they were on Scepter.

The Guess Who doing "Hurting Each Other"? Well, that's something I have to check out! I've heard them doing Buffalo Springfield's "Flying On On The Ground" and The Doors' "Light My Fire", similar to Jose Feliciano's version.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom