• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Sad News About Sneaky Pete Kleinow

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
The family of Flying Burrito Brothers' Pedal Steel Guitarist Sneaky Pete Kleinow announced in a press release that he has been hospitalized due to Alzheimer's disease. Kleinow, 72, has numerous sessions credits and had toured as recently as last year with his band Buritto Deluxe.

Included in the press release is a mailing address for fans who wish to send a card:

www.somuchmoore.com/press_releases/bd08212006.htm

JB

So sorry to hear about this... And you met Pete, too, a year ago? Such Heart-Breaking News! Let's all hope and pray for the better...!

Dave

Sneaky and his band played Nashville's Mercy Lounge on 9-7-05. We met him and his daughter after the show and had a fun visit. I mentioned meeting Chris Hillman at a previous event and only needing Chris Ethridge's signature to have the (living) complete lineup on my GILDED PALACE sleeve.

He said the missing bassist was living in Mississippi and we should look him up. Pete had some eyesight problems and was getting around slowly but played his instrument well that night.

This Nashville visit was quite eventful, as Judy Collins was at Border's Books for an free in-store show, and Solomon Burke was playing at the venue adjacent to the Mercy Lounge. It's probably good I don't live in Nashville; otherwise I'd be too busy going to shows to get any work done.

JB

(enjoying great memories and wishing Sneaky the best, online)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom