• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Segued Tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyesterday

Can someone list the tracks on various albums/compilations that were segued? I want to make a compilation of my own featuring these various tracks.

Want You Back in My Life Agin/When You've Got What it Takes, At the End of a Song/Ordinary Fool (so hard to tell if there's a space in there), Yesterday Once More/Fun x3. I'm not aware of more off the top of my head.

On albums:
Your Wonderful Parade/Someday
Crystal Lullaby/Road Ode/A Song For You Reprise
Yesterday Once More/Oldies Medley (Lots of segueing in here)/Yesterday Once More Reprise
Want You Back In My Life Again/When You've Got What It Takes
At the End of a Song/Ordinary Fool
O Come O Come Emmanuel/Medley/Christmas Waltz/Sleigh Ride
It's Christmas Time/Sleep Well Little Children
The First Snowfall/Let It Snow
Winter Wonderland/Silver Bells/White Christmas/Ave Maria
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear/Overture/An Old Fashioned Christmas
O Holy Night/Home For The Holidays
Do You Hear What I Hear/My Favorite Things

Love Is Surrender/Maybe It's You
Mr. Guder/I Kept On Loving You
What's The Use/All I Can Do
Help!/Beechwood 4-5789 (Japanese Anthology CD)
Saturday/Let Me Be The One
Druscilla Penny/One Love
Sweet Sweet Smile/Two Sides (original vinyl album has very short gap between these 2 tracks).
A Song For You/Top of the World (original vinyl has very short gap....same story as above).

For whatever reason, the segues on SSW/TS and ASFY/TOTW were changed for the CD versions, and the gaps became longer....thereby losing the original momentum. That's always bugged me.

Last edited:
If you get the Japanese ANTHOLOGY (orange/red cover) from 1989, you'll find many of the tracks are segued.

Harry

I really like segues. My favorite Carpenters one, hands-down is Crystal Lullaby/Road Ode/A Song For You (reprise). Those three tracks are inseparable in my book. I also like the way the ending of the oldies medley segues into Yesterday Once More (reprise).

One of my favorite home-made ones was Prince's "Let's Go Crazy" into Janet Jackson's "Black Cat." I started the segue about three seconds into the long sustained note at the beginning of the guitar solo at the end of "Crazy" (I faded the guitar just before the band comes back in for the downtempo ending of the song). So it sounds like the Black Cat drummer is starting up just as Prince is going nuts on his guitar. It was so cool a friend of mine even requested me to make a CD of those two tracks for him.

My favorite "commercial" segue is Santana's "Batuka" into "No One To Depend On" from their third album.

There's one compilation that features a segue from 'For All We Know' into 'Touch Me When We're Dancing'. I think it's the 1985 Yesterday Once More set, disc 1. Amazing segue!

Last edited:
I did a little digging into that first ANTHOLOGY set from Japan and found no less that twelve segues over the four discs:

Top Of The World » Because We Are In Love (The Wedding Song)
(They Long To Be) Close To You » Ave Maria
Desperado » Superstar » Rainy Days And Mondays
(Want You) Back In My Life Again) » Ticket To Ride
Help! » BEechwood 4-5789
Sweet Sweet Smile » I Won't Last A Day Without You » Now
For All We Know » Touch Me When We're Dancing
I Need To Be In Love » Don't Cry For Me Argentina
Mr. Guder » I Kept On Loving You
Two Lives » Only Yesterday

The second one listed above is amazing and unique as Richard took the long version of "(They Long To Be) Close To You" and faded it just as his piano bridge was beginning. He then recorded a NEW piano bridge over top of it that slows down and segues perfectly with the start of "Ave Maria".

Again, these are only found on the older, red/orange ANTHOLOGY, not the newer one with the HORIZON-like cover.

CarpAnthology89.jpg

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom