• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Sheryl Crow's Unique Gig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

A&M's Sheryl Crow is doing a show with a bit of a twist. From Yahoo news:

Crow to Perform on Airline Flight

NEW YORK - Sheryl Crow has performed across the country — but never during one show.

On May 4, Crow is to perform on board a United Airlines flight marking the launch of United's partnership with Sony's new Connect Online Music Service.

"I like to think of it as taking in-flight entertainment to all new heights," Dave Keenan, vice president of UAL Loyalty Services, quipped to The Associated Press.

Sony Connect plans to have more than a half-million songs available for download for 99 cents; albums will cost $9.95. With United's "Music for Miles" program, frequent flier customers will be able to earn miles when purchasing downloads, as well as buy music with miles. Both sites will launch later this spring, Keenan said.

Crow, a select group of fans and invited guests will fly from Chicago to Los Angeles. Crow is slated to perform for 40 minutes with a guitar player for an acoustic set.

After landing, Crow will perform again at a party that will also celebrate the launch of a new Sony digital Walkman.

Capt. Bacardi

Gee, I wonder if I'll get live inflight entertainment on my impending trip to Japan next week... Maybe Ryuichi Sakamoto doing a YMO set? Nah...

--Mr Bill
who, surprisingly heard Herb's "Rise" on the smooth jazz station his new coworker listens to...

Yeah, I read about the Sheryl Crow thing yesterday and meant to post a link to it.

It'll probably be great for those on board, but somehow I just can't shake the image of Helen Reddy as a guitar-playing nun in the movie Airport 1975.

Harry
...who finds "Rise" to be one of those records that fits many formats, online...

Harry said:
It'll probably be great for those on board, but somehow I just can't shake the image of Helen Reddy as a guitar-playing nun in the movie Airport 1975.

Or the guitar-playing stewardess on Airplane! :D

Capt. Bacardi

Captain Bacardi said:
Harry said:

Or the guitar-playing stewardess on Airplane! :D

...which was, of course, a spoof on the original guitar-playing nun in Airport 1975!

Harry
...going circular, online...

Time to play some Billy Preston: "Will It Go 'Round In Circles?" :laugh: :D

Or perhaps more appropriately, "The World Is A Circle", composed by Burt Bacharach for the critically hated LOST HORIZON.

Harry
...continuing the circle theme, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom