• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Should Corrs threads be located in the Carpenters Forum?

Should Corrs threads be located in the Carpenters Forum?

• Absolutely and without question

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I guess so - many Carpenters fans also seem to like the Corrs.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I don't care one way or the other.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Threads about the Corrs should probably be found elsewhere.

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Absolutely not. I want this forum to be exclusively about Carpenters.

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Since Randy brought it up (as well as others in the past), here's a poll to see what the majority decides. Poll open for 20 days.

Harry
...checking the pulse of the people, online

Note--if you would like Corrs discussions in a different forum (like our "general purpose" Small Circle of Friends forum), please vote for the fourth choice, "Threads about the Corrs should probably be found elsewhere."

Thanks!

My vote was to put them in the Small Circle of Friends forum. Since I don't care for the Carpenters I rarely visit this forum, and I had no idea that there was a Corrs discussion going on! The Corrs ain't the Carpenters and the SCOF forum is where other musical acts are supposed to be. :wink:

BTW, I bought the Corrs DVD Live In London and it's a killer! :D

Capt. Bacardi

My only concern is that any of our members who visit ONLY the Carpenters area may miss the topics if they're posted in the Small Circle area. BUT, we do discuss a lot of other interesting music there as well, a lot of it non-A&M related, so anyone here is welcome to join us in discussions elsewhere on the Corner! :)

I also voted to move the Corrs discussion to the Small Circle of Friends forum, since technically, that is the forum designated for discussing non-A&M artists (and A&M artists who don't have their own seperate forums).

I'm perfectly happy having the Corrs discussion located here. But since a few members have expressed a desire to keep this an exclusively Carpenters-related forum, and others (like the Captain) like the Corrs music but not the Carpenters, moving the Corrs to SCOF seems like a reasonable compromise.

Since I like a lot of artists besides the Carpenters, I always visit the SCOF forum as well as this one to check out the latest topics. It only takes a few extra seconds to do so.

Murray

Harry and group,

My issue was not over the Corrs -- really -- I have no problem with them being on this forum. I just felt discussing Richard's classic car collection was more relavent to a Carpenters forum than the Corrs. The cars are definitely music related, having been on various album covers and discussed at length in the original Carpenters fan club newsletters. They never tried to keep them a secret from the fans. I do understand that the *location* of those cars being posted to a public forum would be a bit much, but the warehouse location and phone number have been listed in directory assistance (switchboard.com, etc.) for years now.

I didn't mean to cause an uproar, just wanted to finish discussing the car thread!

Randy

I am one of the ones who were neutral about where The Corrs are discussed. I am not one of the many who made The Carpenters forum "THE MOST POPULAR!" (just to paraphrase a thread title, there), but I like being introduced to a new artist or group, as I have in all the Forums. And from what I've read about in the frequent Corrs topics, I might decide to someday become a Corrs Connosseiur, myself. That said, I do read whatever NEW Carpenters discussions there are that I'm interested in (as well as respond to and sometimes even start my own New Topics), so I'm one of those to whom it makes no difference. Next to The Carpenters Forum, the Main Discussion Board and For Animals Only do get a lot of activity. Either would be OK with me.

Dave

...one of the "Man, I don't care!" guys... :laugh:

Personally I see nothing wrong with "one thread" about the Corrs on the Carpenter's board. It was on a Carpenters message board like this that I first heard about the Corrs. Thanks to Grainne! Had the info. not been there I probably would have not discovered the Corrs as quickly as I did. I just find it very convenient to read a little about the Corrs and how other Carpenter fans feel about them here. I would hope we could keep the discussion here. Tim - who loves the Carpenters - Corrs connection!

Well I go either way ....depends on the Corrs topic / connection with Carpenters forum :wink:

I was just lazy ...and lacking time ...re ....my messages ...and added my updates to current thread .... :goofygrin:

Have added a short update on Corrs & Parkinson Show to relevant forum - if I have more time later this week -will try to add more from Daily Mail interview -one of the best music interviews I have read in a long time :o

Peter....Either Way..... :!:

Well I voted for the 4th.

I guess they really shouldn't be in this forum, either way it really makes no difference to me cause I like both groups but I guess it would be technically better for them to show up in the Small Circle of Friends Dept.

This was a no-brainer for me; I voted for "elsewhere."

The first thing I do when I drop in at this site is to look at the "latest 15 topics" to see what's new. Most posters are conscientious about revealing within the subject line exactly which album/artist is being discussed.
I can make an informed decision about whether I want to read the thread now, or maybe come back later.

A lot of the Carpenters-related topics have vague subject lines. I've got to pull up the thread in order to find out what it's about. Often it turns out to be something of intense interest to single-minded fans rather than the general public (like myself).

That's my little pet peeve. I like their music just fine but don't want to be drawn in to the stuff about their personal lives by some "grabber" subject line.
JB

I voted for "I don't care" since I tend to look at the individual topics, rather than specific forums (I usually review all the forums except the CTI one since I don't know much about CTI). But I do like the Corrs, so I'll be reading those topics wherever they pop up.

For the life of me, I can't understand why posting about the Yesterday Once More warehouse is off-limits, but posts about something completely unrelated to Carpenters is allowed to continue ad-nauseam (sp?).

Timothy22 said:
Personally I see nothing wrong with "one thread" about the Corrs on the Carpenter's board. It was on a Carpenters message board like this that I first heard about the Corrs...I just find it very convenient to read a little about the Corrs and how other Carpenter fans feel about them here...Tim - who loves the Carpenters - Corrs connection!

I'm with you, Tim. I knew nothing of the Corrs until hearing about them from Harry. I've since become a devoted fan. And, I read about them here in the Carpenters Forum. I also like to hear comments from other Carpenters fans. Like you, I like the Carpenters/Corrs connection.

Jon

LPJim said:
A lot of the Carpenters-related topics have vague subject lines. I've got to pull up the thread in order to find out what it's about. Often it turns out to be something of intense interest to single-minded fans rather than the general public (like myself).

That's a good point, and time for a reminder: we need to keep thread titles here representative of the subject being discussed. It's too hard to find information when searching (give your fellow members a little help there, huh?), it's misleading, and just overall bad netiquette. Moderators have the ability to rename the topic if it's too misleading, but also at their discretion, can remove it.

Thanks!

With little or no action on this for the past few days, I'm going to go ahead and move all of the Corrs threads over to Small Circle Of Friends forum, as well as this topic.

Harry
...on the move, online...

Corrs PERFORMED LIVE last weekend on UK music show CD : UK with Summer Sunshine -another fab appearance :cool:

Must remember to buy Corrs single this week ....ideally sales will land top 10 singles chart entry and boost the planned new album :)

Peter

Corrs single ....straight into Music Week UK charts @ #6 ....great start for 2004 releases and better than many other singles entries :)

Bodes well for upcoming album release and success :cool:

Peter

The Corrs are doing a great deal of European promo work right now, just days away from the album's release. Hopefully, they'll spend a little time on this side of the Pond around the June 8th US release.

The #6 position in the UK is pretty good. Unfamiliar with the workings of the UK charts, I'd like to ask if it's possible or likely to go higher than that in succeeding weeks, or is a natural falling off typical?

Harry
NP: radio at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom