Single Box Set, 2006 March

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wrong, it is listed at both US and Canada Amazon.

Amazon U.S. Pre-Order Price is $$398.49.
Amazon Canada Pre-Order Price CDN$ 432.99

So it looks like CDJapan is the lowest

Just Recvd Email from CDJapan says:
Carpenters/Single Collection Box[Limited Release] CDS
28571 yen US$246/116.04 Release Date:2006/03/02
Description:Collection of all 33 Japan-version single releases from Karen Carpenter released to celebrate her 56 birthday. All jacket art is lovingly recreated for this box set, with additional carton outer case to hold the set. Japan-only release.

This website features all carpenters 45s released in Japan. If you'd like to check out what each single looks like, why don't you take a peek?
There are a few different pressings of a single title with other various features, namely, the flip side, hues, logos and so forth.
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ap5k-ymd/45-1970.htm

Also, this other website shows non-Japanese releases as well as Japanese ones. You'll find how they differ between US and Japan. And the site owner is the contributor to the single box set.
http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~oken/carpentershihoukan.html

As those who visited to Yuka's website that Chris posted the link, already know, you can see how disks are to be placed on her site.
http://iceland.cool.ne.jp/yuka/english/Carp/

I placed my 3 inch CD paper sleeves like that. It is bigger than 35th box set but smaller than 45 sleeve.
If Yuka already saw sample of new single box set and wrote it, this box set may have a little larger sleeves than usual 3 inch CD paper sleeves.

Sakura

What I have seen at Universal Music is the mock up of individual sleeves, but not all of them. They explained to me how the sleeves were going to be placed and the outerbox would be as large or a bit bigger than original 45. As they have not created a mock up of outer case, they were just guessing about the size. So, it is hard to say exactly how large the outer box will be.

I also asked, please PLEASE make a nice brochure or at least a flyer for this occasion. I wish they would make special promo items, but since this is not going to be some kind of anniversary like the 40th, probably all we can expect is a flyer or a brochure.

Yuka

They explained to me how the sleeves were going to be placed and the outerbox would be as large or a bit bigger than original 45.

Thanks for your information Yuka. :)

So that does in fact confirm that it's the outer box that will be about the size of a 45", not the individual single sleeves. That's such a shame, I think a lot of people had hoped we were going to get quasi-replicas of the original sleeves, size and all. :sad:

I just found Carpenters' Single Collection Box page of music mag site was deleted. I think I saw the page yesterday. (The same case happened about "Gold: 35th Anniversary Edition" Japanese release before. It has not been released in Japan, I think.)

A CD on-line shop states that the release will be postponed, date is not confirmed.

I believe the box set will be released, but the set may not be released on Karen's birthday.
If the information is correct, I hope new release date will be posted on Topic ""SINGLES" Box Set Clarification from Richard;" soon.

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom