• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Singles 69-73 finally deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy said:
Chris--looks like Canadian issue. Maybe one of our "north of the border" members can tell us when it may have been released.

It's definitely a Canadian issue. You can tell by the bilingual text on the sticker. It must be fairly recent, as the sticker also says "Universal". My Canadian made copy looks like the picture that Harry posted, with the A&M and Compact Disc logos on the cover. It was made by Polygram around 1990.

Murray
...wondering if this newer Canadian CD is remastered...

Someone who has the Remastered series, would you do me a favor? Would you please compare the tracks tags on the Superstar/Rainy/Goodbye to Love medley. On the Remastered CD, the tracks start too early to suit me. I hear too much of the piano part of Rainy Days in track 6, which is Goodbye to Love.

I hope you could grasp all that. :D
Thanx

raz42289 said:
Someone who has the Remastered series, would you do me a favor? Would you please compare the tracks tags on the Superstar/Rainy/Goodbye to Love medley. On the Remastered CD, the tracks start too early to suit me. I hear too much of the piano part of Rainy Days in track 6, which is Goodbye to Love.

The tracks start later on the "remastered classics" than they did on the original CD release. At the beginning of "Goodbye to Love" you no longer hear Karen singing the last phrase of "Rainy Days" (track 6 starts a measure later).

It's funny, until this moment I had never once listened to any of those tracks independently of each other. That album is so perfect that I've always played it beginning to end without advancing to any of those "medley" tracks by themselves.

David

SINGLES 1969-1973 is not a good album to use random functions on your CD player, that's for sure. True, the track indexing is set up differently on the side one, track 4-5-6 medley. It seems better on the newer disc.

And I've mentioned it before, but this seems like a good place to reiterate that the track 4-5-6 medley is sped up on both the original LP and CD, but returned to "normal speed" on the Remastered Classic disc. You can even see a nine-secord or so difference in the track timings on the back cover. So actually, in this case, the original CD is closer to what the LP was than the Remastered Classic, though the Remastered Classic is closer to "correct."

Notice too that the track timing for the last song on the disc is different. Though both discs use the shorter single version of "Close To You", the '80s-era disc incorrectly uses the album versions timing of 4:34 instead of 3:43.

Harry
...comparing SINGLES, online...

I was introduced to cd mania with the imminent release of THE SINGLES. Off I scurried to a stereo store to purchase a brand new system. I was ready and waiting as the first catalog issue came on the scene. Due to a fetish I couldn't buy just one. Later with THE REMASTERED CLASSICS I repeated the behavior. Not knowing anything of E-BAY I instinctively collected anticipating a rainy day. Not purchased for future marketing simply responding to a base need for back-ups in case of I don't know. No rhyme or reason. I continue today collecting in the same manner. With SACD I'm off to the stereo store to purchase a brand new system. I will be ready and waiting as the first catalog issue comes on the scene. Due to a fetish I...

Jeff

Actually, my other Canadian CD does not start with "Me down" it starts perfect with Goodbye to Love. Its almost identical to the 80s issue, but with almost perfect track tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom