• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Studio album CD catalog - pricing anomaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actorman

Okay... here is something that has puzzled me for quite awhile and since you awesome folks always seem to have the answers to even the most obscure stuff, I'm going to throw it out to you.

Why is the "Carpenters" (tan) album always a few bucks higher than all the other albums in the catalog?

Amazon sells it for $13.98, but all the other studio albums for $11.98.

Best Buy sells it $14.99 and all the others for $11.99.

At Media Play it's $13.95 for the tan album and $9.95 for all the rest.

There must be a reason since it's consistent across all the retailers I checked. I just can't for the life of me figure out why that would be. Since they are all on the same label and all deep catalog titles, they should be at the same price point but for some reason that album (only) is $2 - $3 more than the others.

Any ideas, theories, facts?

Scott

And, let's not forget the really EXTRA SPECIAL reason that it might be priced higher:

The spelling error!

Look again folks, the disc says the album is called:

C A R E P E N T E R S

Extra care? I think not!

Harry
...wrapping up a wild workday, online...

raz42289 said:
Never noticed that Harry. Btw, glad to have you back posting again :D

Well, thanks. Sometimes you need a break from 'regular life', and vacations are a great way of doing just that.

It's nice to put the brain on hold for awhile and just enjoy the sights.

Meanwhile, back to the subject at hand, I really do think that the long-denied original mix of "Superstar" might have had something to do with the price-point being higher.

Harry
...back in the saddle again, online...

I always thought it was the Grammy thing. Tower has set record prices here too.

Jeff

I had never noticed the CAREPENTERS thing on my tan CD! Had to run and look at it. I can't believe it! How did this slip by?????????Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom