Teddy Randazzo - R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Teddy Randazzo, who wrote such hit songs as "Going Out Of My Head" and "Hurt So Bad" died last Friday at the age of 68. From the L.A. Times:

Teddy Randazzo, 68; Co-Wrote Songs Recorded by Hundreds

Teddy Randazzo, 68, the co-author of more than 600 songs for acts including the Temptations and Little Anthony and the Imperials, died Friday in Orlando, Fla. The cause of death was not reported.

Working with Bobby Weinstein and others, Randazzo wrote such hits as "Goin Out of My Head," "Hurt So Bad" and "It's Gonna Take a Miracle."

A native of New York City, Randazzo was an accomplished child accordion player. He began his career at age 15 as lead singer of a group called the Three Chuckles. The group's first hit, "Runaround," rose to No. 20 on the Billboard charts and sold more than 1 million copies.

Randazzo started a solo career in 1957 and found modest success over the next seven years before meeting Weinstein.

The duo's songs have been recorded by more than 350 artists, including Linda Ronstadt, Frank Sinatra, Queen Latifah and Luther Vandross. The duo split up in 1970 with Weinstein becoming an executive for Broadcast Music Inc. and Randazzo becoming a producer for Motown Records.

Capt. Bacardi

Glad you could get away from the Thanksgiving Table to tell us this. (Yeah, what am I doing here?! :o )

Sorry to hear of Randazzo's passing. :sad:

The Lettermen covered a lot of his songs, too. Most notably "Hurts So Bad" and "Going Out Of My Head", the latter also done by Chris Montez and Sergio Mendes, as well.

Dave

...another sad death in the music world, online... :cry:

Dave said:
Glad you could get away from the Thanksgiving Table to tell us this. (Yeah, what am I doing here?! :o )

Sorry to hear of Randazzo's passing. :sad:

The Lettermen covered a lot of his songs, too. Most notably "Hurts So Bad" and "Going Out Of My Head", the latter also done by Chris Montez and Sergio Mendes, as well.

Dave

...another sad death in the music world, online... :cry:

Don't forget Herb's version of HURT SO BAD...

Dan, remembering that GOIN' OUT OF MY HEAD was one of his favorite songs in the late '60's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom