The CARPENTERS LIVE in CT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Is this a bootleg? Why couldn't Richard release this kind of CD to us & make it an official live CD?

It sounds interesting about the replaced guitarist Tony Peluso. I'd love to hear this but would not pay that kind of price for it.

Anyone have any details about that? Was this the concert where thye did that 50's medley & Karen was dressed in 50's style & Richard came out with the motorcycle?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3343828721&category=29885

It's a bootleg. Coincidentally, I have my own recording from this same tour when they played here in Philly (we snuck a cassette recorder in!). Tony Peluso was incapacitated at home and had to be left behind. Karen and Richard recruited another lead guitar player named Bill Hand for that portion of the tour. Tony Peluso recorded his DJ shtick for the oldies medley, and the gang played the tape when needed.

The concert is near-identical to the one offcially released as LIVE IN JAPAN. Though not released here, I suspect that Richard probably feels that all of the other concerts on the tour sounded pretty much the same.

Harry
...catching up, online...

Harry, what exactly does "shtick" mean? :?: Richard used this word to describe the funny elements in the Carpenters TV Specials in CLOSE TO YOU: REMEMBERING THE CARPENTERS.

I can't find this word in my english dictionary.

Thanks!

Bruno

From dictionary.com:

shtick also schtick or shtik
n. Slang
1. A characteristic attribute, talent, or trait that is helpful in securing
recognition or attention: waiters in tropical attire are part of the
restaurant's shtick.

2. An entertainment routine or gimmick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Yiddish shtik, piece, routine, from Middle High German stücke, piece, from Old High German stukki, crust, fragment.]

So, the routine that Tony Peluso did to act as a DJ can be called shtick.

Harry
...who notes that the word is common among Jewish comedians, online...

Thanks for the quick answer, Harry. :)

STÜCK has two meanings in German:

- ein Stück Kuchen (a piece of cake)
- ein Stück im Theater ( a play in the theatre).

Interesting, how some German words have been adopted into the english language. Kindergarten is another example for this.

Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom