• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The Corrs? On A&M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
Could happen. According to HMV in Japan, a new live album from Sheryl Crow is due to be released in March (called LIVE AT THE BUDOKAN). There's a bonus track listed of "C'mon C'mon" (featuring Corrs). Since Sheryl's record company is A&M, that would mean a track with The Corrs guesting on A&M!

http://www.hmv.co.jp/Product/Detail.asp?sku=172259

If this link brings up a page in all Japanese, got to HMV.co.jp and click on the English link near the bottom, then search again for Sheryl Crow -- it'll be at the top of the list.

This could be exciting for a Corrs & A&M fan!

Harry
...awaiting further developments on this one, online...

That's interesting news indeed Harry! Let's hope that this CD will get worldwide release. As much as I love the Corrs, I don't think that I would buy an expensive Japanese import just to get ONE track (Japanese imports go for around $50 in Canada). :sad:

Murray
...still wondering if the "Best Of" DVD will EVER be released...

Murray said:
Let's hope that this CD will get worldwide release. As much as I love the Corrs, I don't think that I would buy an expensive Japanese import just to get ONE track (Japanese imports go for around $50 in Canada). :sad:

Unfortunately, the Japanese are famous for their exclusive bonus tracks. There are still quite a few by many artists that haven't seen the light of day anywhere else in the world, so I wouldn't count on this one showing up anywhere else either. It' is a known fact that The Corrs are wildly popular in Japan, and that they've been working with Bill Bottrell, the producer of Sheryl Crow's break-out Tuesday Night Music Club album. If it truly features The Corrs backing up Sheryl Crow, and is really on the A&M label, I'll be all over that release as soon as it comes out.

Irony: The Corrs have stated that the want their own next album to be their Rumours, the famed Fleetwood Mac album. Stevie Nicks sings backup on the studio album version of Sheryl Crow's C'mon C'mon, and now The Corrs are rumored to be on this bonus track. And we know that in the UK, the Fleetwood Mac song "Dreams" was the tune that propelled The Corrs to fame in that country, along with a TV-concert at the Royal Albert Hall, where Mick Fleetwood played with them!

Murray said:
...still wondering if the "Best Of" DVD will EVER be released...

Two weeks to go -- January 14th is the release date at HMV.com in Canada.

Steven J. Gross said:

Thanks for the thought. That was one of the first Corrs items I picked up as I began my fandom three years ago (just about to the day!).

Harry
...three years a Corrs fan and still counting, online...

It appears that the often-delayed Japanese release of Sheryl Crow's Live At The Budokan has once again been pushed back. It's now listed as coming out on Jun 11, 2003.

This is the live album that features a bonus studio track of "C'mon, C'mon" also featuring The Corrs. And it's important to me to hopefully see a release of The Corrs on an A&M label. I hope that works out.

259.jpg

Harry
...looking forward to this one, online...

I know. Somehow, I have a gut feeling that it was that alleged Sheryl/Corrs track that held up that album for as long as it did, with the ultimate decision to drop it in order to get the thing out.

Once I learned of the deletion, I canceled my pre-order. I don't mind Sheryl Crow, but I'm not a big enough fan to spend $30+ for a live album.

Harry
...big-time disappointed on this one, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom