1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

The GOLD / LOVE SONGS anomaly

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by Harry, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Harry

Harry Charter Member Moderator Thread Starter

A year or so ago, I began seeing eBay listings for something called GOLD: LOVE SONGS. What perplexed me was the fact that the cover looked like a reproduction of ABBA's GOLD, complete with the four-pronged crown (supposedly representing the four members of ABBA.) It looks like this in the eBay listings:

[​IMG]

Wanting to verify this for the resource, I ordered one of these, but what came in the mail was a rather ordinary-looking LOVE SONGS CD with German manufacture markings.

I'm still trying to find out if that black cover really exists. One thing that's unsettling is the fact that every image I see of that is the same exact jpeg, with the same white markings in the black area.

Has anyone ever run across this in real life? Could it be a slipcover from some territory?

Ted Etheridge likes this.
  2. CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR

CARPENTERS-COLLECTOR Active Member

U.K
    I ordered one of these from the states last year, but it never turned up and had to be refunded.
    I only bought it because I hadn't seen it before, so it was just something to add to the collection. I was rather disappointed at the time.
    bought it from these guys;

CARPENTERS - GOLD: LOVE SONGS NEW CD | eBay

3. If you type in the EAN reference, this comes up which seems to be the norm and mainly on ebay with that number, but some do not have an image at all. Seems a bit suspicious to me - a bit of Photoshop, but maybe someone else knows something.

[​IMG]

6. Ted - I’m try to see what is in your double posts above which look exactly the same as the original post. Have you discovered something new about this release.

7. Sorry for the late reply but that was simply an accident by posting twice. I had a bit of a flu bug and I believe I hit post before I realized I didn't complete what I was trying to say. Sorry my friend!